Any ex-EVO owners? considering but i have a few questionsGeneral

Last Updated:

1. tracerit

tracerit Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

May 7, 2010
    my parent's opened a new Family TMobile plan today and the lady showed me the G2 to try and reel me in from my Sprint contract. I was hooked after I played with the phone a bit. The feel, the slider, the quality was excellent for a slider.

So I just have a few questions about TMobile and the G2:

1. Is the data on TMo unlimited? Or is it soft-capped at say 2GB?

2. Where can I find a map of TMo's data network coverage? I'm interested in seeing what new technologies are offered in Orange County, CA.

3. If I get the G2, will I have to change the whole family plan to Talk, Text, and Web for everyone? Or can I just get Talk and Text for everyone and just data for my account? Reason why i'm asking is because on TMo's website, it says I have to get the Talk, Text, AND web for all lines when I select the G2.

2. SDscorch

SDscorch Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2009
  3. justme8800

justme8800 Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2010
    I think there's a threshold at around 10GB where they throttle you a bit, but I've never hit it.

As for data... when I added on to my family plan, it cost an extra $25 a month above the $5 a month for my previous talk/text plan. My dad already has a N1, so clearly we didn't already have data for everyone...
    tracerit likes this.