Any experience on sending phone back to LGGeneral

1. marirs

marirs Member

My phone has problems (static when using headphones), and I would like to get a replacement. It's been more than 30 days since I bought it from the MetroPCS store. Should I contact MetroPCS or LG? Anybody know the procedure, have experience with this?

Advertisement
  2. Mexjoker

Mexjoker I'm Not Real, Doris!

I don't have experoence with this but you can go to metropcs and see what they can do about it. If they can't do antthing then see what lg can do. Sorry if this answer doesn't help as I don't have mich experience with this.
  3. Spike15

Spike15 Well-Known Member

I have had experience with LG regarding the same issue twice; it was a complete joke. Better go to MetroPCS and make sure that the replacement is decent, hopefully new. If you are curious why LG is a joke, ask me. I am too lazy to write unless you are really interested why.
  4. THE W

THE W Well-Known Member

if you're past 30 days metro isnt gonna help you. you'll have to contact the manufacturer under their warranty.
  5. Spike15

No, they will. You just have to pay $10 or $30 depending on replacement option you choose. Within 30 days, the replacement is free. I know because I have done it.
  6. SecretFlamez

SecretFlamez Well-Known Member

If you have the $5 insurance per month , It costs $30-$35 for a replacement after 30 days , Before 30 days .. It is free

If you don't have the insurance , It costs $80-100 to replace it if it is a system related problem , Not a user made problem , Like rooting (They check if you are rooted by your SD card and internal memory because they may ask for you to leave it there)
  7. THE W

THE W Well-Known Member

and you did this without insurance through metro?
  8. Spike15

9. Spike15

You don't need insurance if the phone is defective.
  10. THE W

THE W Well-Known Member

11. Spike15

No, you don't need insurance to replace it through 1-year warranty at MetroPCS. $30 - same day replacement, $10 - over the mail. They are likely to give you a refurbished phone though.

I repeat I have replaced mine without insurance for $30. My phone was rooted, but I had unrooted it prior to going to the store.

Insurance is mainly for accidental damage or theft.
  12. Dominic54321

Dominic54321 Member

The $5 insurance per month is separate and completely different from the manufacturer "warranty" exchange by mail $10, and "warranty" over the counter exchange $30. If under 30 days, the exchange by mail, and over the counter exchange are FREE! With the 'warranty exchange', your phone MUST be in 'like' new condition, it has to be a manufacturer defect(hardware or software, not dropping it down the steps) and yes, they give you a refurb phone. Mine was only 2 weeks old, and although they had new ones, they insisted that they ONLY give refurbs under warranty(although I've heard people on the forums receiving new phones?) My first refurb was a dud, the second seems to be working perfectly. The refurbs have a small round white sticker on the phone under the battery compartment.