Any experience with BestBuy Protection plan??

Last Updated:

1. amigos

amigos Member This Topic's Starter

I got coffee spilled on my Droid 3 days ago :mad: so I took it to local BBuy. I have to say this was one of the worst experience I ever had at BBuy. First of all no one knew what to do. Mobile people kept directing me to the geek squad and the geeks were like go back to mobile people. After 35 min of this frustration I finally called for the manager and even then it took them quiet a while to figure out things. About 45 min later I walked out with a loaner phone and hoping to get my phone fixed in 4-6 wks. I honestly had no idea how ridiculous this was gonna be. BBuy covers water damage and verizon insurance doesnt so I guess thats a major plus point but seriously BBuy needs to get their act together so they don't look like someone who doesnt give a rats ass. I really miss my Droid now. I have Env3 as a loaner and its not a smart phone by any means. Even to text someone you have to go through like 4 steps. I was wondering if someone else has any experience with BBUy Geek squad??

Advertisement
  2. Hegemony

Hegemony Well-Known Member

That sounds pretty awful. They're going to REPAIR the phone? And they make you pay for this "insurance"? The Verizon insurance does cover water damage. If Best Buy told you that they didn't, they were wrong. I think it is Assurion insurance that you can get through VZW. It even covers it if you were to lose it.

I bought a Hero at BB (that I ended up returning) and I recall them trying to sell me on their insurance, and feeding my some crap I know was wrong. Same thing when I bought a TV there recently. They push their employees to sell the extras because that makes them more money. I don't know if they are actually given incorrect info, or they just make things up, but it's ridiculous.