Root Any experienced modders in NC?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by uncle_Felty, Jun 24, 2010.

1. uncle_Felty

uncle_Felty Active Member

Nov 6, 2009
    I am tired of waiting for 2.2 but very tentative about rooting. I was just wondering if there is anyone reading these forums that have rooted live in NC? I am willing to travel a reasonable distance and always good for lunch lol.

Advertisement
  2. RossLH

RossLH Active Member

Nov 8, 2009
    MD/MI/NC
    I just left New Bern on Saturday. Really, rooting isn't that difficult, it just takes time. I'd highly recommend TheUnlockr's guide to rooting 2.2. Read through it a couple times, download all the files, and just follow it step by step. Best part is you'll feel like a genius (and/or a nerd) when you're done.

uncle_Felty likes this.
  3. OMJ

OMJ Bazinga
    VIP Member

Nov 27, 2009
    Finance
    Pennsylvania
    do it yourself. If someone does it for you what happens when they are not around and you have a problem. There are plenty of people here that can help you through the process if you have problems. Its actually incredibly hard to brick your droid

uncle_Felty likes this.
  4. uncle_Felty

Nov 6, 2009
    MY goal is to learn during the process, I dont want to loose some data and to be honest, there are so many "how to's" out there, it is confusing at times. I am technically savy, just leary about rooting, what if I miss a step or nerf all my data?

5. meekrab

meekrab Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2009
    biochemist
    RTP
    I can help you out: I go to school in Raleigh, and I'm usually in Wilmington on the weekends.

Send me a pm and we can go from there

uncle_Felty likes this.
  6. uncle_Felty

Nov 6, 2009
    well I took the plinge and ROOTED! only had one problem, it got stuck in the boot up sequence and thought I had bricked the phone. Once I did a factory reset to start all over, it booted normally and the ROM took. Now its time to play.

7. inssane

inssane Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2009
    Chi-Town
    If you have a problem it's an expensive phone if you keep having to take someone to lunch.

8. esmith818

esmith818 Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2009
    Web to Print Content Developer
    NC
    Charlottean here. I don't know if a poll has ever been conducted on androidforums, but I'd wager the majority of rooters were convinced they bricked their phone at least once in the original rooting process. I know I'm one of them!

9. meekrab

meekrab Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2009
    biochemist
    RTP
    Likewise. I don't know how many times I've had that sinking feeling that I did something terrible, but it always seems to work out. Same thing happens when I play around with my computer, just part of the territory.

BTW, nice avatar, smith. State is my soon-to-be alma mater