Any experienced modders in NC?

Last Updated:

1. uncle_Felty

uncle_Felty Active Member This Topic's Starter

I am tired of waiting for 2.2 but very tentative about rooting. I was just wondering if there is anyone reading these forums that have rooted live in NC? I am willing to travel a reasonable distance and always good for lunch lol.

Advertisement
  2. RossLH

RossLH Active Member

I just left New Bern on Saturday. Really, rooting isn't that difficult, it just takes time. I'd highly recommend TheUnlockr's guide to rooting 2.2. Read through it a couple times, download all the files, and just follow it step by step. Best part is you'll feel like a genius (and/or a nerd) when you're done.

uncle_Felty likes this.
  3. OMJ

OMJ Bazinga VIP Member

do it yourself. If someone does it for you what happens when they are not around and you have a problem. There are plenty of people here that can help you through the process if you have problems. Its actually incredibly hard to brick your droid

uncle_Felty likes this.
  4. uncle_Felty

MY goal is to learn during the process, I dont want to loose some data and to be honest, there are so many "how to's" out there, it is confusing at times. I am technically savy, just leary about rooting, what if I miss a step or nerf all my data?

5. meekrab

meekrab Well-Known Member

I can help you out: I go to school in Raleigh, and I'm usually in Wilmington on the weekends.

Send me a pm and we can go from there

uncle_Felty likes this.
  6. uncle_Felty

well I took the plinge and ROOTED! only had one problem, it got stuck in the boot up sequence and thought I had bricked the phone. Once I did a factory reset to start all over, it booted normally and the ROM took. Now its time to play.

7. inssane

inssane Well-Known Member

If you have a problem it's an expensive phone if you keep having to take someone to lunch.

8. esmith818

esmith818 Well-Known Member

Charlottean here. I don't know if a poll has ever been conducted on androidforums, but I'd wager the majority of rooters were convinced they bricked their phone at least once in the original rooting process. I know I'm one of them!

9. meekrab

meekrab Well-Known Member

Likewise. I don't know how many times I've had that sinking feeling that I did something terrible, but it always seems to work out. Same thing happens when I play around with my computer, just part of the territory.

BTW, nice avatar, smith. State is my soon-to-be alma mater