any Flash 10.1 news? (Slingbox)Support

Last Updated:

1. TokedUp

TokedUp Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Slingbox app is much need for baseball season. App for it is supposed to release right after the Flash 10.1 update. Anyone know of a release date or anything related?

Advertisement
  2. phobic

phobic Well-Known Member

Froyo aka Android version 2.2 is scheduled to come out in june. At least according to this post: Android 2.2 'Froyo' and Flash run like butter on Nexus One (video) -- Engadget

Froyo is supposed to have Flash 10.1 built in. Of course the nexus one will get it first but since the incredible is running sense, theres no telling how long it'll take for htc to test and then allow verizon to test before the update is finally released. It could be a while. :(

3. jgigs

jgigs Well-Known Member

Can't wait till full flash. I saw this a while ago, but look at this isheep's comment regarding the topic:

"I actually strongly support the no-flash on embedded devices idealogy.

Flash is pretty on the desktop, but on embedded devices flash content is slow and reduces usable battery life.

I'm rooting for Apple to win this one."
    Android 2.2 Will Officially Support Flash 10.1 - Flash - Lifehacker

What kind of idiot roots for less options and control? I have no gripe about apple products, they make wonderful gadgets, but their supporters are just down right idiots at times....

4. jasoraso

jasoraso Well-Known Member

I don't know about flash, but there rumors popping up on the internet that slingbox for android is now in private beta!!!!

I just hope they hurry and get it out, and that it supports my legacy slingbox!!!

5. hexto

hexto Guest

Don't hold your breaths on Froyo or Flash unless you plan on rooting your phones (I am). I doubt HTC and VZW will get a major update out this year even though Froyo is due out this Summer...maybe even next month.

6. k.electron

k.electron Well-Known Member

That is untrue. They are always down right idiots. Not just at times.

7. crutoi

crutoi Well-Known Member

public flash bets 10.1 will be released during Google i/o conference on May 15th or so.

http blog.digitalbackcountry. KOM /2010 / 05/ examples-of-flash-content-running-on-android/

Fantasma likes this.
  8. Fantasma

Fantasma Well-Known Member

I hope this is true!

Lets start a thread on 2.2 froyo? incredible part 2? jeje!