Any (former) Blackberry Users?

Last Updated: 2012-02-06 04:38:49
  1. lillygirl7

lillygirl7 Well-Known Member

Full screen youtube (& actually being able to watch youtube without constant problems), as many apps as you want without slowing phone down, no longer waiting 5 minutes to load pics, flash support. These are just a couple things that came to mind.

Advertisement
  2. evo_guy

evo_guy New Member

use to have a tour, and the one thing i don't miss is having to do battery pulls almost everyday to fix issues.
  3. jlemus

jlemus Member

I had a curve for 2 years and the thing I miss the most is the keyboard. IMO that's the only thing that the EVO could use, a physical ****ing keyboard. I've had my evo for about 3 months and although I can type much faster than 3 months ago, it's still no where as fast or intuitive as BB keyboard.
  4. Cash--

Cash-- New Member

jlemus have you tried swype or slideIT or shapewriter ?
  5. momhas3girls

momhas3girls Member

Just thought I would say hello :)

Teresa
  6. dan330

dan330 Well-Known Member

deleted
  7. 5maximus71771

5maximus71771 Well-Known Member

Sprint bold user here,I just decided to get the best of both worlds and added a line to my account,,walk with both devices and couldn't be happier..:)
  8. charliebrown408

charliebrown408 New Member

New blackberry mobile available...!
    its Blackberry Curve 3G 9300 with 3g, wifi ,320*240 color display,11 hours standby battery support and GPS support.
  9. mikedt

mikedt 你好 Guide

A friend of mine is an ex Blackberry Storm user.

YouTube - The frustrating Blackberry Storm.

The Blackberrys can be great phones until one tries using them in China. Android, Symbian and Windows Mobile smartphones all work fine in China, but not Blackberrys. Well they can to be made to work after a fashion and a very stiff monthly premium for Blackberry service from China Mobile.
  10. uniquenameEVO

uniquenameEVO Well-Known Member

Google calendar handles this quite nicely. Set up repeating events from a PC.
  11. SoSickSilvia

SoSickSilvia Active Member

i came from a 8900 to my evo. the only things i miss are BBM and battery life. other than that, i think the evo is my favorite phone ive ever owned. and ive owned alot of phones.
  12. alextop30

alextop30 Well-Known Member

Well with ATT I had the bb 9700 bold well it was stupid interface is horrible internet is even worse and don't get me started about the apps. The only ok thing was email and bbm well my phone stopped working and guess what rim and att just told me sucks for ya. At the end my email was not even working. I switched and I could not be happier. The only ugly thing is battery life and that will be fixed when I get myself 2 extra batteries. I would like to say bye bye ATT and hope I never get to see your false advertising
  13. DConrad2010

DConrad2010 Member

Upgraded from the Nextel 8350i. There is no comparison. Unable to watch video content from the web and screen too small to browse the web. Basically the Blackberry is a Corporate/Government workphone for productivity. The Evo is a multimedia solution for everything. Getting ready to put the old Blackberry on ebay. The only feature I miss from the Blackberry is you can set the time for your device to turn on/turn off at a selected time weekdays and weekends to conserve your battery from accidental stay ons.
  14. Jungle Jack

Jungle Jack Member

Hello,
    I have owned a BB 8830, 8330, and for a week a BB a 9650. With the 9650, I was just wary of when OS 6 was going to be released for it.

I wanted an Evo when I purchased my Evo, but having been with Sprint since 1999 and seriously considering leaving, they offered me a free 9650. I got really lucky and was able to exchange my 9650 for an Evo straight up.

Aside from Battery Life, the Evo has been superior in all ways for my uses.
    I am just glad that Sprint finally has a Phone like the Evo as they often lagged in respect to having desirable Phones.
    Cheers,
    JJ
  15. melissai_

melissai_ Well-Known Member

not sure if this was addressed yet or not, but there is a cross platform program...it's called kik! click --->Kik - Face-to-face texting it's sort of unreliable on the older blackberries (ie it crashed my boyfriends verizon 8330) but it's pretty neat! and it looks like iChat. hope this wasnt redundant!

cheers :)
  16. melissai_

melissai_ Well-Known Member

OH! & yes i used to use the sprint version of the Pearl, then I most recently had the tour. i was in LOVE with my blackberry...then the Evo came out and there really is no comparison :)

my BB did prove superior when I was studying abroad in China for a couple weeks this past summer and I could use BBM while I was there for a flat rate on my plan :) But I dont plan on going anywhere else for a while sooo my Evo is just perfect :)
  17. that_maynard

that_maynard Well-Known Member

Don't quote me on this, but i think that "there's an app for that". Sorry for the saying, but I do believe that there is.

That is one great thing that was nice to help save battery life.

Anyone?
  18. DHAndroid

DHAndroid Well-Known Member

Was using a BB Tour. My buddy got an Incredible & after I saw its possibilities I upgraded to a Hero with Sprint. Moving contacts, calendar and info over was a breeze! I installed Google Sync which took care of my contacts & calendar as soon as I booted the Hero. Use Catch notes to sync my notes..on the BB synced my notes with Outlook from outlook I pasted into the online version for Catch and notes instantly appeared on my device. Gmail for email syncs itself.

Google Sync (contacts & calendar) have to be done before you turn off the BB!

Its a night and day difference between OS's.

Android based on linux is as smooth if not better than BB was. There are so many apps and the phone is more customizable. I am running CM6 2.2 Froyo which replaced 2.1 Sense and could not be happier. Being able to move apps to the sd card in the settings menu saves a ton of space. More stable kernals with battery tweaks. Battery life is roughly 12 hours of heavy use & 24+ with moderate use, the non Sprint kernals rock!

Phone has wifi tether, free! Camping or in the woods I can leave the cell phone in the vehicle receiving cell signal off a Wilson booster turn on wifi and able to do homework and submit assignments 30' away from my vehicle in the middle of no where. Bluetooth allows me phone calls.

There is so much more Android does, you choose how far you want to take it.

Apps, BB apps have to be approved by RIM. Android apps are in the market after a quick Google overview.

For my business would I choose Blackberry or Android for my employees..#1 Android **WINNER**

Would I go back to BB.. NO

BB works very well and will continue to serve the people who choose it. I now choose Android.

Android is a learning curve coming from BB. Figuring out how it works and the simple things to keep my phone running smooth with great battery life has been a huge help!
  19. branmala1986

branmala1986 Member

I switched from a BB Tour to the EVO, the two things I miss is the keyboard and the battery life, (the email at first but now I love the email on this phone). Im sure I will forget about the keyboard real soon, and as far as the battery I think if I used the EVO like I did the BB I would not complain but I can't keep my hands off of this phone.
  20. RagingSamster

RagingSamster Well-Known Member

ATT BB8310 user, everyone else in my company has upgraded to either 9000 or 9700 models, but I'm keeping my 8310 until it dies. My EVO is now the phone I use for everything I can unless I need to respond to company emails - although with wireless tether I don't need to have my BB for corporate email. I'm still faster on the 8310 keyboard, but only marginally so. All the features of the EVO blow away the 8310 except the keyboard. As far as battery life is concerned I bought a set of extended 3000mah units with a wall charger, battery life no matter how much I use the phone is no longer an issue.
  21. nRRe

nRRe Well-Known Member

used a Curve 8330 for 2 weeks(wifes old phone) before picking up the Bold 9650 on Sprint on release day.

Bold 9650 Pros: Keyboard was really nice, display was pretty crisp. Messaging and Email are very intuitive imo and works well. Facebook app.
    Bold 9650 Cons: Surfing the internet is useless. Lack of decent games.

Would I use it again? Yeah i'd definitely take one if I could tether it like my evo4g, i'd pickup an iPod Touch or something and use that for browsing/gaming etc. However...why use 2 devices when I can just use the Evo4g.
  22. EvoJok3r

EvoJok3r Active Member

BB Storm 1 to EVO. Best phone I've ever owned thus far.
  23. wrchad23

wrchad23 Well-Known Member

Came from a Blackberry Tour 9630 for Sprint.

Miss the keyboard.
    Miss the battery life.
    Miss the better camera*

*Better for pic messages and just everyday pictures. I still think the EVO takes horrible pictures that aren't anything outside in sunshine.
  24. nRRe

nRRe Well-Known Member

p.much how i feel about the Bold9650. Camera was quick to focus and took really nice shots. The keyboard was just amazing to use.

Evo takes terrible shots unless overly bright. Anything in regular room or mid day indoor pictures w/out lights on and it's blurry regardless of what you do in settings.
  25. Tanner Boyle

Tanner Boyle New Member

I never thought I would give up on RIM and Blackberry. I had a great plan with Sprint including free BIS service. I have been with them almost 10 years. I have been waiting for something innovative from Sprint and that damn clam shell BB was the last straw. I switched from the Tour to the EVO two weeks ago and I am so glad I did. I don't understand why people think BB is such a great device for email. The EVO syncs up to my Outlook at work with no issues. Everyday the touch screen keyboard is easier to use. I travel quite a bit and rely on my phone a lot for email.

I am not comfortable rooting my EVO yet so I did add the PdaNet for tethering to my laptop and it works great. The only thing I miss is BB Messenger. I know many of the guys I work with are all about to ditch their BBs for Droids. If you are on the fench about this...just do it! You won't reget it.
    Oh...and I love this forum! I started reading here as soon as I debated between the EVO and the Samsung Epic.