• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

any former swype users find it hard to use on incredible?

Jeffruby

Android Enthusiast
Oct 30, 2009
I used swype all the time on my MOTO Droid. Loved it. Successfully put it in my incredible,and I have way way more difficulty typing accurately. Not sure if its just an adjustment, or the slightly convex screen, but kinda went back to the htc keyboard. Matinee just need to adjust more.

I used swype all the time on my MOTO Droid. Loved it. Successfully put it in my incredible,and I have way way more difficulty typing accurately. Not sure if its just an adjustment, or the slightly convex screen, but kinda went back to the htc keyboard. Matinee just need to adjust more.

Under the Swype settings, there is a slider between speed and accuracy. Maybe yours needs a couple nudges towards accuracy ;)

Reactions: dylo22
Upvote 0
I really wish there was a way to have swype for the portrait keyboard and the htc/sense keyboard for landscape.. i can't use the sense keyboard in portrait cuz i have fat fingers, haha... and the swype keyboard isn't fast enough for me to thumb type in landscape..
How do you mean it isn't fast enough? I use to want regular Sense in landscape, I actually posted a request for the separate keyboard mode to Swype (even though they probably can't implement that). However, I have gotten to really really enjoy swype in landscape mode. I find my WPM to be even faster than portrait.

Upvote 0
Loved it on my OmniaII and used swype for 3 months.

Tried swype beta on mDroid and hated it. Didn't bother trying it on Incredible.

But, I liked the mDroid onscreen keyboard and predictive text, it inserted a space after words. The incredible does not.
I looked thru the keyboard options and couldn't find an option to enable AUTO SPACE when choosing a predicted work. HELP this is a bummer -

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones