• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Any GENERAL Bluetooth Problems (pairing issues, distortion, etc)

Yep. Cracking noises when notifications come through (which sound like a faulty headphone but it's not) as well as trouble connecting to a blue tooth headset I own. I cannot figure out how to have it automatically connect when I turn the headset on like I used to do with an old headset and my old Evo. I have to go into the settings and tap on it every time. I also have problems holding a signal. For some reason, half the time it connects it says "no phone" so only media plays and when I get a phone call it either drops the call or never picks it up. This morning it auto connected on it's own but it said "no media" and wouldn't play any music through the phones until I disconnected and reconnected it.

Upvote 0
I've had a few issues. BT is connecting to the car fine but I had one call with a bad connection (granted it could be cell service but I could hear fine) and a few times the call hasn't come through to the car speaker OR kicked back to the phone.

Both while trying to make a call and receive a call, the phone connects the call bet I can't hear via car or phone. Odd.

Upvote 0
No connection issues, however my BT headset doesn't have any playback controls anymore. This will continue to bug me until I figure it out or kill a rabid badger trying.

This happened to me once with my Motorola SF600's. I pressed the button twice to advance the track and got two beeps in response from the headset. I shut the headphones, bluetooth, and Play Music down and fired everything back up and all was good.

The BT radio seems to have a weaker range than my 3VO. I get ocassional crackling and it will intermittently (very seldom) cut out if I'm more than 5' away and the phone doesnt have a line-of-site with my headphones. I initially thought it may be due to the defender case, but now after seeing this thread i'm wondering if there's a software fix in order...

Upvote 0
Seems I may have jumped to conclusions. I use Poweramp to play my music when paired to headset or car. Today I played music with the stock app and got no cracking noises. It acted as it should. I'm curious if anyone else is using Poweramp to play their music? Seems it may be the culprit, at least for me. SO I suggest if anyone is having craking noises, try the stock player of a different player and see if it continues.

Upvote 0
So I switched my bluetooth headphones to an older pair that I used without any problems on my OG Evo. The music on Pandora (used with both old and new headsets) was awful. There was a constant crackling sound and the phone was in my hands, not far away. That makes two headphones so I know it's not the headphones. I'll give the stock music app a shot but that doesn't explain why I can't seem to hold a steady connection while making phone calls.

Also on the bluetooth range issue, I am in the same boat. I accidentally left my phone in the 2nd floor of my house and went to the basement to do laundry with the old OG Evo and the music was still streaming. With this LTE, I tried going down just one floor to the main level and it was already cutting in and out.

Edit: Ok, I may have been a bit premature with the cracking music. Turns out, it was because I hadn't put Pandora on "High" quality for cell networks on this new phone. Still having calling issues with my new bluetooth headset but I will try and give Stevieo's suggestion a try.

Upvote 0
I was able to get my bluetooth working again after unsuccessfully unpairing/repairing the device. I finally got it to work by doing a hard reboot. Uncheck the fast boot preference Settings > Power > Un-check Fast Boot then shut down and power up your phone. Not sure why this would happen, but I can finally make calls hands free again.

Upvote 0
I'm having dropouts every 5 seconds when i stream music off my sd card onto a bluetooth dongle i have setup with my surround sound, i tested my transformer no issues and my lg optimus had no issues either. just wondering if everyone has this issue and would it be fixed via software? as much as i love my new evo, this is a pretty big issue since i listen to music off my phone all the time

also did some research switching off my wifi, did make it much better and tolerable but still having dropouts

Upvote 0
So I'm pretty irritated with this phone right now. One of the most important features for music and calls, bluetooth, is absolute crap. I cannot hold a connection for calling. I've tried my new pair of LG HBS-700 bluetooth headphones and my old pair of Kinivo's which worked flawlessly with my OG Evo.

The weird part is it seems for streaming music, the bluetooth is fine. It stays connected and doesn't drop out. However, once making a call, all hell breaks loose. The headphones constantly cut in and out even when the connection isn't broken. It says "connected - no phone" or something to that extent. Then it disconnects. Then it reconnects, and my conversation keeps switching from phone to headphones to phone to headphones.

Also, not sure if this has been an issue for anyone, but when plugging in a basic pair of earbuds without any volume control or microphone, the phone recognizes it as a headset at the top. Sure enough, the first time I got a call with those headphones on the other person couldn't hear me as the phone thought i was wearing a microphone. Really really irritated with this thing at this point since I on occasion, use this "smart" phone as... you know... a phone.

Upvote 0
I have to tell you all that I have and do use my bt headset exclusively with this phone. I have had the phone since launch and I have NEVER had an issue. I stream from Sirius radio, Panorama, Amazon cloud etc. for hours a day while also handling a heavy call volume. Not sure why you guys are having issues and I am sorry to hear it. Good luck

Upvote 0
ive got the LG tone around the neck bluetooth headphones and i have not had any issues with calls nor have i had any music streaming issues.

i HAVE issues with audio streaming in the car (to which i have found a workaround) but calls sound and work fine. i submitted an e-mail to HTC and i suggest you all submit tickets on these issues.

HTC know the phone has bugs and they are relying on information from us beta testers. :p so please contact them. dont just voice yourself here, please message them.

the response i received from HTC seems to suggest they are working on a maintenance release, and they already know about some issues...

Upvote 0
Got mine today. First thing I did when I got in my car was pair the phone to my Infiniti g37. Was very disappointed because the music continually broke up. I paired and unpaired a few times and it didn't help. This did happen with my EVO 3d and blackberry, but usually I could just pause it and it would start to play correctly. And it didn't happen often.

What gives???

Reactions: marctronixx
Upvote 0
Jim,

i've an Infiniti 2012 QX56 and calls come through fine, however the music does skip.

this is the workaround which works:

make a call thru the infiniti bluetooth system.

once it connects, just hang up (so dont call your spouse or boss.. :D)

then start streaming pandora, tunein, stock music player, etc etc and so forth.

this has worked each time i wanted to stream music from the LTE. the steering wheel controls work nicely and when i turn off the trucks head unit, the phone stops playing (play button changes to pause button).

lshould work for you jim..

Upvote 0
I have to tell you all that I have and do use my bt headset exclusively with this phone. I have had the phone since launch and I have NEVER had an issue. I stream from Sirius radio, Panorama, Amazon cloud etc. for hours a day while also handling a heavy call volume. Not sure why you guys are having issues and I am sorry to hear it. Good luck

ive got the LG tone around the neck bluetooth headphones and i have not had any issues with calls nor have i had any music streaming issues.

Sounds like I'll be returning this phone...

Upvote 0
Bluetooth issues
Apps I'm currently using
1. Google Music
2. Google Listen (podcast catcher)

Playback controls work fine with Google Music. I'm waiting on a 32gb card to arrive to load all my music. Sometimes a song drops in and out. I personally don't feel it's a bluetooth issue, a data issue methinks.

No playback controls available for Google Listen. Previously had playback control on same headset with my OG Evo.

No connection or dropout issues when connecting to my trucks BT stereo. Internet radio streams fine, calls are fine.

I plan on following up with HTC like Marc suggested earlier.

Upvote 0
Jim,

i've an Infiniti 2012 QX56 and calls come through fine, however the music does skip.

this is the workaround which works:

make a call thru the infiniti bluetooth system.

once it connects, just hang up (so dont call your spouse or boss.. :D)

then start streaming pandora, tunein, stock music player, etc etc and so forth.

this has worked each time i wanted to stream music from the LTE. the steering wheel controls work nicely and when i turn off the trucks head unit, the phone stops playing (play button changes to pause button).

lshould work for you jim..

Thanks buddy. I have a 2010 g37 coupe. I'll give that a try today. I sure hope HTC comes out with a fix to this. I'll post back if it works.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones