Any good desktop sync software?General

Last Updated:

1. 4mger

4mger Member

I am new to Android. I have been a Blackberry fan for a long time. I must admit, there is a lot to like about Android, and the Motion 4G. One thing I really miss is the Blackberry Desktop Manager. Has anyone found something that is similar, and works well? Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. cubone

cubone Well-Known Member

I know HTC has their own called HTC Sync. But i would not recommend Metro's current htc phone for your first android phone.

Don't know much about the others. :/
  3. 4mger

4mger Member

I guess I should have said that I now use the Motion 4G! Kicked Blackberry to the curb!
  4. cubone

cubone Well-Known Member

Well Hey! Welcome to the marvelous world of Android. More free than any democracy and stronger than any EMPIRE!! :cheers:
  5. 4mger

4mger Member

I am really impressed with Metro too! $30/month/line sure beats what AT&Turd was soaking me for my family plan. I had read some bad customer service reviews, but so far my experience has been great! I would recommend this carrier and phone to others.
  6. twogbsd

twogbsd Well-Known Member

You could try DropBox for Android, they have a desktop client too that you can install on Linux, Windows, and I believe Mac. Hope I helped somehow! :D

Sent from my potato
  7. enigmadroid

enigmadroid Well-Known Member

LG had an LG PC Suite but I'll be damned if I can find it on their site now.
  8. 4mger

4mger Member

the LG software was for an old phone. I emailed them, and they don't have anything that will work for the Motion.
  9. Nintendo1889

Nintendo1889 Well-Known Member

I thought the lg pc suite would install straight from the phone?
  10. notserpmh

notserpmh Active Member

What are you trying to sync? If you are using a Google account with your Android phone, most things (contact, calendar, email) can by synced automatically to most programs (Outlook, Mozilla Thunderbird) without having to connect any cables. If you are looking to sync files/media then that may be a little different. If you have a non-Google account, then syncing may be more of an issue.
  11. AlShack67

AlShack67 New Member

Did you find any good sync'ing software? I could do with some as I'm about to take the leap of faith to Android from BB World!
  12. 4mger

4mger Member

unfortunately, I have not. Android has a backup that puts your info on the sd card. I also keep my contacts synced with google. I really thought I would miss my BB, but even the keyboard doesn't make up for how great this phone is! I do not regret the switch one bit!
  13. unnamedny

unnamedny Well-Known Member

I run bulletproof FTP server on my computer. If i need anything from my pc it takes me seconds to grab it.
  14. 4mger

4mger Member

BB uses a software called desktop manager. It lets you backup all info (and phone settings, and apps) on the phone to a computer. It worked great, but there doesn't seem to be any android equivalent. LG used to have a program, but it is no longer available. I really wish someone created one. Backing up to the sd card just doesn't seem like the best way to do this. If you lose the phone, you lose your backup! With the BB, if I crushed my phone with a hammer, I could get a new phone, and restore! It was like I had my old phone.