Any good free phone call recording apps.General

1. stingrays

stingrays Well-Known Member

Does anyone know of a good free phone call recording app for Prevail with out limited call recording. Maybe one that saves recordings to the sd card. Thanks for the help!:D

Advertisement
    :
  2. redneckrebel

redneckrebel Well-Known Member

Every last one of em that I've tried ends up only recording your side of the convo.
  3. kolosus

kolosus Well-Known Member

Miui rom has a native call recording app built into it. There is some effort into porting Miui to the Prevail in the root section of this forum. The only call recording app that I've used is the one on Miui. It records whatever comes into the phone speaker and whatever is picked up with the mic. When on bluetooth the part of the conversation on this side is not recorded...

Good luck.
  4. xopher425

xopher425 Member

I'd imagine that the apps only record your side of the conversation since in many states it is illegal to record someone without their explicit permission. If they consented, they would have to use those apps to actively record their side.
  5. kolosus

kolosus Well-Known Member

I'm not sure about laws. I know if you do not have explicit permission to do the recording then it is not admissible in court. I've recorded many conversations with clients using Miui rom. I know what questions to ask them, when I'm out in the field and unable to take notes, but I cannot remember the details. I listen to them later to take notes.

Is it illegal to do so without asking them before? IDK. But if it is no one has come down on me yet. I think it is like speeding or robbing a bank. Its only a crime if you get caught at it!
  6. redneckrebel

redneckrebel Well-Known Member

Law regarding recording is different state to state. Here in Ohio only one party to the conversation is required to know the recording is happening (same as federal law), so as long as I know and I am an active participant in the convo I can record both sides at will without informing the other party. In the event one party to the conversation is in one state and the other party is in a different state, the state laws are superseded by federal law and again only one party to the conversation must consent.

Only the following states require both/all parties to consent:
    California
    Connecticut
    Delaware
    Florida

Massachusetts
    Maryland
    Michigan
    Montana

New Hampshire
    Pennsylvania
    Washington

However, I am not an attorney and this is not legal advice. Check your own states law books which are easily searchable online.
  7. vce2005

vce2005 Well-Known Member

Haven't found any working one for the Prevail either as of yet ! :(
  8. Lordvincent 90

Lordvincent 90 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ Guide

Use total recall

This is the link to the trial... Just tested it. Works like a charm.
    even when the trial expires, you can still record up to one minute.

The pro version is $8.95
    vce2005 likes this.
  9. vce2005

Hmmmmm, I had "Total Recall S2" installed and it didn't work well, I even talked to their tech. support and they said it won't work.....

Well, I am downloading the one you suggested LV.... can you give me some specific settings you tried ???
  10. Lordvincent 90

I just set it to record both sides of the conversation... made a call, and it recorded it... Lolz, both sides
  11. vce2005

Well, it doesn't work for me....... When I try to play back the recordings, it soundslike you play a 45 single record on 33 LP settings...... almost not understandable very slow and deep voiced playback.....
  12. Lordvincent 90

Hmmm... could it be that I'm running cm7?
  13. vce2005

Not sure what it is, but it certainly doesn't work here with CTMod..... AND, if I go to "Audio>>Advanced>>Manual Settings, I HAVE to turn on "Turn on Speakerphone while recording" or I hear no recordings at all.

But turning on the speakerphone while recording, defeats the purpose of recording !! And it will turn on speakerphone n every call you make or receive, so everyone can hear the conversation.....

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to use this feature. On my old HTC ( with AT&T ), I had always a call recorder running..... and it helped me several times.....
  14. Lordvincent 90

Lol, actually, I did have it on speaker phone... I'll try without.

Edit-Nope, you're right... It didn't record the other end of the call without speaker phone. :(

Back to the drawing board..
  15. vce2005

;) tap, tap, tap, tap............ wondering..... I bet it doesn't work.....
  16. cwhatever

cwhatever Life Goes On Guide

I have tried all of them and they only work if speaker phone is on.
  17. Aids10

Aids10 Member

18. vce2005

Ahhhghh, o.k............ well, guess I can't use a call recorder with the Prevail !
  19. vce2005

Well, this app actually works, however, the other party is VERY low volume..... but understandable !! Hmmmm maybe I have to e-mail this developer.... ;)
  20. cwhatever

cwhatever Life Goes On Guide

21. llipfordjr

llipfordjr New Member

Record Mike and Call is a great app that works great with the Samsung galaxy prevail. It really records all parties on the phone. Great App
  22. vce2005

Hi,

well, doesn't work either very well....... other party is wayyyyyyyyyy to low on voice, also, it does not do autorecording, you need to do it manually !!!! ;)

I just give up on that !! :(