1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

any good free text app(s)...?

1. kinfolk248

kinfolk248 Well-Known Member

anyone know any good reliable text apps that give you a new number that allows texts? i need a quality free text app so i can stay in contact with the gazillion ppl in my contact list...you knw one?

free mms would be amazing...

Well you know one with both free sms and calls don't require buying minute , Imean wwhat's he point of a free call app if you have to buy minutes to use it...

Advertisement
    :
  2. lynnwilliam

lynnwilliam Well-Known Member

Install the "Go sms pro" appliction from the play store.
  3. tube517

tube517 Well-Known Member Contributor

Use Google Voice, unless you already use it.

Free texting, free calling on wifi (w/GrooveIP or Talkatone).

No MMS though.
    kinfolk248 likes this.
  4. Demache

Demache Well-Known Member

Google Voice is good for SMS.

For MMS you can always use email. Most carriers assign phone numbers to email addresses. For example, 10digitphonenumber@vzwpix.com would send an MMS to a Verizon customer with that number. You need to find the address for each carrier your contacts are on though.

AT&T is @mms.att.com
    T-Mobile is @tmomail.net
    Sprint is @pm.sprint.com Turns out Sprint canceled the service I think they realize that MMS is a dying technology.

Those are what you are looking for.
    jj2me and tube517 like this.
  5. val88

val88 Well-Known Member

quick fyi on google voice. Its not totally free on Verizon (yet another reason to hate them).
    On vz, outgoing texts are free but incoming text still incurs a charge unless you get unlimited text for $10/month. Of course that defeats the purpose of free sms.
  6. tube517

tube517 Well-Known Member Contributor

Wait, so if you use Google Voice text within the app itself, it still incurs a charge? I understand if you receive GV texts within the stock messaging app but within GV is crazy if you are charged. :confused:
  7. jhawkkw

jhawkkw Chinchillin' Moderator

I've moved this to the apps forum since it relates more to the apps themselves and not the Galaxy Nexus. I hope this helps generate more options for the OP.
  8. kopkiwi

kopkiwi Well-Known Member

Whatsapp

Free text to anyone in the world across any OS who has the app installed. Free MMS too.
  9. Prinny

Prinny Resident Linux Nutcase Guide

GoSMS, Handcent, Pansi I've used. Can't say anything about GVoice...I might need to look into it
  10. lionrain

lionrain Well-Known Member

Textfree plus
  11. Northstar01

Northstar01 Active Member

go sms pro.. is very good and allows group chat even with iphone users!