Any good non-eris apps like Swype available to download?General

Last Updated:

1. Jshizzy

Jshizzy Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks in advance. I really like the swype keyboard and I am curious as to what other cool non-eris apps are out there. :D

Advertisement
  2. JrzDroid

JrzDroid Well-Known Member

3. mj_b90

mj_b90 Well-Known Member

Sounds like he's already got Swype and uses it, but is looking for other apps that have been ported over for the Eris... right?

Someone posted about the N1's Genie news widget a while back, but I haven't tried it myself: Nexus One Genie Widget

Make sure to let us know when you find some good ones! :p

4. flspnr

flspnr Well-Known Member

I've used it, it's ok. Works just fine. I'm using slide right now though, so I don't really look at it for news or weather any more. I was hoping for more stuff to be ported to the Eris, but, eh! I'll just wait for 2.1 and TAThome, then I'll be happy.

To OP: That's the only other one I know of, but I did like it. Sorry I can't be of more help.

5. pkopalek

pkopalek Well-Known Member

If you're talking about keyboards in general, my gf really really likes

SlideType

you put your finger on a button and slide left for a, up for b, right for c, #3, you go left for D up for E right for F etc.... it sreally cool and pretty efficient to text if you're not a t9'er.

6. maddog015

maddog015 Well-Known Member

Shapewriter is another one. I've been using it for almost a week now and its great. Same concept as Swype and SlideIT.

7. mmorey26

mmorey26 Well-Known Member

Hey guys, im new to this but i want to know how to root my phone, i have the htc eris 1 click root but im not sure if it worked. Also i would like to know how to get swype on my phone. thanks

8. metlcat

metlcat Well-Known Member

http://androidforums.com/eris-all-t...is-app-apk-no-pcs-no-scripts-needed-easy.html

Read through this thread to find answers to any questions you have about the 1-click root method. If you follow all the instructions and can't find an answer to a question you have, feel free to ask there.

9. bberryhill0

bberryhill0 Well-Known Member