Any good RPG games for Captivate?

Last Updated:

1. Aerodrifting

Aerodrifting Active Member This Topic's Starter

I don't mind paying as long as the game is good.

For the specs of Captivate (1.0Ghz Processor, 512MB ram), Most of the games out there are just pitful ---- I don't know whether that's the result of lack game developers on Android or programmers today don't know how to optimize, I used to play way better games on a Pentium MX 166Mhz computer with 32MB ram (Quakes, Red Alert, C&C, Diablo just name a few so you know I am not bullshiting).

Advertisement
  2. Tennis

Tennis Well-Known Member

Pocket Legends.

Aerodrifting likes this.
  3. LeRolls

LeRolls Active Member

I just recently started playing this game. Pretty decent overall so far although I do find the art style a little too kiddie for my tastes. Just wish there was something a little more gritty that I could sink my teeth into.

4. Aerodrifting

Aerodrifting Active Member This Topic's Starter

Gonna go ahead and try it out now, reviews coming up shortly :D

5. odindra

odindra Well-Known Member

Pocket Legends is a fun time waster. I played this on my previous phone, an Iphone 3gs and the graphics and UI on the Captivate are by far better. I think the devs actually took the time to reconstruct the coding to have it be better played for the higher end Android devices, imo.

I really think, judging how this game looks on this phone vs the Iphone, they can make some really great games with good graphics and controls. I hope this be the case. Just my two cents.

Oh, and if you are interested in this game the first two realms/areas are free but everything past that cost money to play along with buying gear, items, etc for real money and not game money.

6. remixulus

remixulus Active Member

GBAoid, PSX4Droid, and SNESoid all allow you to play a grand selection of fantastic RPGs (at your own risk)

Also check out... yeah, Pocket Legends. Or for a more Augmented Reality style role-playing game, check out Zombie Run :D

7. Stillmatic

Stillmatic New Member

You could give Kwaak 3 (Android version of Quake 3 Arena) a shot. The installation is not one-click but fairly easy. If you have your Quake 3 CD lying around, it'd help since you can play the whole game instead of playing WADs by copying over files from your CD.

At XDA developers:
    Kwaak 3 (aka Quake3) - xda-developers

Link to actual project:
    kwaak3 - Project Hosting on Google Code

8. Thassodar

Thassodar Well-Known Member

My marketplace REFUSES to find this game. I've been trying since it was released last week...

If anyone has the .apk I'd appreciate it.

9. Jwilkin66

Jwilkin66 Active Member

Just downloaded the game yesterday! Then I noticed my battery would drain around 20% in a hour! Only way I found to stop this is to turn off the phone and turn it back on. If i launch the game and dont reboot it drains the battery and i did shut down the game. Is the game running in the back ground and sucking up the battery has anyone else had this problem?

10. Tennis

Tennis Well-Known Member

Not sure if this is right, but you could get a task killer, set it to manual, and just do it after you're done playing.

11. Tennis

Tennis Well-Known Member

12. Chris_Marie

Chris_Marie Well-Known Member

@JWilken66
    I am not sure if the game is running in the background but it does seem like it. I get crazy/crappy/strange battery life with pocket legends. I plugged my phone in when it was at about 10% the other night and played the game, I unplugged at 13% rebooted the phone and it said I had 58%. So it is confusing me.

13. Squee393

Squee393 Member

Try the GBA and psx emulators...they have some great rpgs that works :) There's also Zenonia and Caligo Chasers. And I think Zenonia 2 for android is being worked on :)

And yeah I agree....we need more high quality games for these high end android phones. But then again, this is my first android phone so...maybe I'm just not exploring it enough...hmm...

14. jeremytanner

jeremytanner Well-Known Member

Interestingly, my first thought here was, Sounds conspiratorial and silly. :p But I have been having some weird issues that I thought were related to the latest Cog froyo build. I decided to uninstall Pocket Legends, and amazingly my battery life seems to have improved slightly, and I'm no longer having apps freeze on me or lag. Coincidence? I don't know. But I found it interesting.

15. Chris_Marie

I didn't have the same results tonight with plugged up+playing the game and unplugging then rebooting then battery life increasing dramaticaly (maybe the app update helped? I can hope at least). I really only play the game at night (when done I power cycle the phone). Coincidence is always a possiblity.

16. Tennis

Tennis Well-Known Member

I can't even download it now

17. Chris_Marie

18. Tennis

Tennis Well-Known Member

I used to have app brain but it won't sync anymore. I made a thread about that, no replies.

19. bigrockshow

bigrockshow New Member

I released an RPG recently on Android titled Acedia RPG. You can search for it in the market. There is a lite version to try before you buy. It is a retro RPG that was inspired by old CRPG like the early Ultima series. Those were some of my favorite games back in the 80's and I wanted to see something similar for Android. The graphics and gameplay are basic but I like how it turned out. Give it a try!

Thanks
    Acedia Games