• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Any help will be most appreciated!

kalqga

Lurker
Jul 22, 2016
Hello, I have a problem with my BQ Aquaris E5 4G LTE phone. So I lost it for about a month and a half and now I cant turn it on. I press the power button, it shows the boot screen and nothing... I've tried holding the home button, volume up and power button but nothing happens, it can't even connect to the PC. Thank you in advance.

Attachments

• IMAG0134.jpg
    IMAG0134.jpg
    433.7 KB · Views: 73
Hi and welcome to Android Forums!

While I am not familiar with your specific device, my first instinct is to question the charging circuit in the phone. If you plug it in, does it indicate any charge at all? If it doesn't, then it is very likely the charging circuit in the device itself. This would require factory repair.

Upvote 0
I also am not familiar with that device, but is the battery accessible to do a battery pull?
Or, leave it plugged in overnight and try again in the morning?
I'm inclined to think that a battery pull or even a simulated battery pull (if the battery cannot be physically pulled) may help.
A simulated pull would entail pressing and holding the power button for a while, let's say perhaps 20-30 seconds?

Upvote 0
Hi and welcome to Android Forums!

While I am not familiar with your specific device, my first instinct is to question the charging circuit in the phone. If you plug it in, does it indicate any charge at all? If it doesn't, then it is very likely the charging circuit in the device itself. This would require factory repair.
Thank you!

When I plug it in the device turns on and again won't boot at all, it just stops at the BQ logo.

Upvote 0
I also am not familiar with that device, but is the battery accessible to do a battery pull?
Or, leave it plugged in overnight and try again in the morning?
I'm inclined to think that a battery pull or even a simulated battery pull (if the battery cannot be physically pulled) may help.
A simulated pull would entail pressing and holding the power button for a while, let's say perhaps 20-30 seconds?
Last night I let it charge for about 10-11 hours and it won't boot again. Also the battery can't be physically pulled so I tried holding the power button and it just vibrates and keeps turning off and on.

Upvote 0
I don't know how difficult it will be to contact BQ and I don't know the warranty status. but that seems to be your next step. I strongly suspect the charging circuit. Either that or a corrupt boot sector that isn't allowing the phone to boot up. Either will require factory repair. Good luck.
Thank you, I wil try to contact them and will post their answer.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones