Any idea as to when Lucid well get 4.0General

1. grandamn

grandamn Member

Or ice cream sandwich?

Advertisement
  2. blumeany

blumeany Well-Known Member

Your guess is as good as mine. :) LG put out a timeline late last year/early this year about upgrades for their phones starting in the third quarter, but even those upgrades are behind schedule. The Lucid was never mention
    ed either (although it was advertised as being ready for ICS.)
  3. ariellesdada34

ariellesdada34 New Member

The Verizon rep who sold me my lucid over the phone said October.
  4. cpupeli1

cpupeli1 Well-Known Member

lets hope so...android phones have various versions many without ICS that definitely should based on their release dates.
  5. jhcii

jhcii Well-Known Member

Phones to get Jelly Bean update By when LG Viper 4GSeptember/October 2012Galaxy SII Epic touch 4GSeptember/October 2012Galaxy Nexus 4GJuly 2012 2nd weekHTC One S 4GOctober 2012 2nd WeekHTC Sensation 4GNovember 2012HTC Amaze 4G
    September/October 2012​
    Droid Razr MaxxSeptember/October 2012Droid Razr 4GSeptember/October 2012Droid 4November 2012LG Lucid 4GOctober 2012

So according to this list it seems that the Lucid 4G will get jelly bean sometime in October, But I'm not gonna hold my breath till I see the update downloading onto my phone. BTW has anyone else noticed their phones just shutting down and rebooting? Mine has done this once or twice a week and I'm wondering if they aren't doing some little tweaks to the system beforehand (these reboots are happening when there is no other explanation the phone is just sitting on my desk or the seat next to me when it just reboots without being touched)
  6. blumeany

If true, that would be awesome. It would give this phone a nice shot in the arm. No roms and gingerbread is low class Android living . :)
  7. noseph

noseph Well-Known Member Contributor

So if the 2nd item (Galaxy Nexus 4GJuly 2012 2nd week) is any indication of the accuracy of this leak the Lucid 4G update is way out there. It is now the 1st week in Sept and the VZW GNex has not received the JB OTA update.
  8. mrryanthai

mrryanthai Well-Known Member

My Lucid did that today while I was uninstalling an app.
  9. jhcii

jhcii Well-Known Member

Yeah I was wondering about that, but this same time frame has been reported by several sites - maybe wishful thinking on their part but Verizon has also told me over the phone that "it's in the works to be released soon" what ever that means.... LOL hopefully their "soon" and my "soon" are using the same definition.....
  10. mrryanthai

I agree with you.Hopefully it does come out "soon"
  11. jhcii

jhcii Well-Known Member

Ok so here is the reply from LG - They pass the buck to Verizon as usual....

------Reply to Your Inquiry-------

Dear John,

Thank you for contacting LG. I am delighted to hear from you as our Valued Customer.

Quality is a top priority at LG. We continuously strive to improve our products and our service, based on the requests of our valued customers. We are always happy to assist our customers in any way possible.

Regretfully the software upgrade is decided strictly by the carrier. We as the manufacture of the devices only make the phones and repair the phones that
  12. It might actually be true... I know with the nexus.... Verizon keeps botching updates.. with 4.0.4 and again with jelly been...
  13. jhcii

jhcii Well-Known Member

Ok so the response from Verizon is kinda hopeful here's what they said (I removed the bs stuff from before and after)

"After looking into the LG Lucid features and software updates, this phone was not one of the phones to receive Ice-cream sandwich (ICS) I know you are anticipating Jellybean too. Although we don't have a date for it yet, you can visit our News Center at news.vzw.com for the latest updates and announcements."

So it seems that they are? planning to do Jellybean? or at least that's the way it comes across to me.... If not then guess I'll have to get in touch with them about them breaching TOS by not supplying the update they promised would be released.... (LOL yeah right I know TOS only works in their favor)
  14. PlayfulGod

PlayfulGod Well-Known Member Developer

if you wait on vzw (or any carrier) to get updates for a Nexus you are doing it all wrong!! ;)
  15. mrryanthai

Any updates on ICS news yet?
  16. jhcii

jhcii Well-Known Member

This is what a member in the root thread had as a tag line:

LG Lucid running
    Android version 4.0.4
    Baseband version VS840ZV7-M8660A-AABQNSZM-3.6.2421
    kernel version 3.0.8-perf
    lge@android-build #1
    build # IMM76D
    software version VS840ZV7

Makes you wonder..........

I sent a message to Verizon with this info asking what's up, maybe they'll own up and tell the truth, but I'm not about to hold my breath......
  17. blumeany

Well, it's officially October. Let the countdown begin! :D
  18. mrryanthai

Let's hope!Let's go ICS or Jellybean!
  19. jhcii

jhcii Well-Known Member

I hope it comes soon, The people at VZW say the Lucid wasn't slated to get ICS (but we've seen a photo of a phone running it lol) and the ones I talked to hinted that JB was in the works but with no release date set.... Hopefully it'll be JB before the end of the month or I'm about to go postal on them since they promised in their early press releases that it would get an upgrade.... Maybe we can use their own "terms of service" against them for failing to live up to promised support.... LOL
  20. blumeany

Could be pure blind optimism, but is anyone else getting a download error when trying to do a manual software update on their phone today? Tried a few times this morning in various areas to do an update and I just get a 'download error'. Usually, I'd just get a message that there aren't any updates. Wondering if something may be up?
  21. williegeorge

williegeorge Active Member

yeah, i'm getting a download error instead of the usual "no updates" as of the night before last. a call to VZW informed me that there is no new update at this point and VS840ZV6 is the newest that is available.
  22. blumeany

That's no surprise. They won't say anything until it's ready to go.
  23. blumeany

[​IMG]

Here's an image of what I'm getting.
  24. mrryanthai

I'm getting it too,been trying since Monday.
  25. jhcii

jhcii Well-Known Member

I just tried on mine, I get the usual No Update Available, device is up to date.

So they may be doing updates on the towers in your area....