Any idea of when next Dinc 2 update will happen?General

1. Drunder40

Drunder40 Well-Known Member

Not the ICS but as I understand it one update is approved but has been delayed..

Just curious

Advertisement
  2. valorian

valorian Well-Known Member

I think the next update this phones gets will be ICS. It's speculated that the update that is being delayed is the ICS update.
    sternbul likes this.
  3. Drunder40

If you look at the Verizon Software update schedule, it shows Razr Maxx (for example) is infact getting ICS next with a update size of 341MB.

On the next page it shows Dinc 2 getting SU5 with a fiile size of 32mb and no mention of ICS so I was just wondering if anyone has heard when SU5 will be released.. update pages says SU5 is approved but roll out is delayed..

Thanks again..
  4. valorian

IMO, if Verizon and HTC are going to release an ICS update I don't see them releasing any GB updates. Just my 2 cents.
  5. STeVe7320

STeVe7320 Well-Known Member

Hoping its ICS but it could be the GB 2.3.5 with Sense 3.0 that we never got.
  6. hilmar2k

hilmar2k Well-Known Member

If the update forthcoming is really on 32MB (as is speculated based on the listing of a 32GB update), then there's no way it's ICS. Obviously an ICS update would be significantly larger than that.
  7. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Guides Guide

Its kind of common for wireless providers/manufacturers to release a minor update before releasing a new OS update. It has happened with a few phones before every other new android OS release and there are a few phones currently, that are receiving minor updates before ICS rolls out.
  8. victek

victek Well-Known Member

"Pre-update" updates? :) By the way, has ICS been updated? What is the current version number?

The main apps I use are supporting ICS now so an update shouldn't be very disruptive. There's always that potential though. We have to be careful what we wish for :pepsi:
  9. Drunder40

it's been awhile .. any news on SU5 release date?
  10. TheAtheistReverend

TheAtheistReverend Anybody want a peanut? VIP Member

The China Incredible 2 just got ICS and Sense 3.6 a couple days ago, so hopefully very soon.
  11. Drunder40

I wasn't so concerened with the ICS update but rather the SU5 update this is currently approved but it's release has been delayed.

Anyone heard anything on when the SU5 update will be released?

Thanks
  12. valorian

I still stand as I stated before. I think the next update we get will be ICS and not SU5.
  13. Drunder40

Yea it seems the later in the year it gets the more likely you are correct.. Oh well ICS would be nice :)
  14. valorian

You will not be disappointed in ICS. The ROM I'm running is ICS and it is the smoothest my phone has ever run.
  15. SCARLETnGREY

SCARLETnGREY Well-Known Member

Check your phone. Im downloading the update as I type.
  16. TheAtheistReverend

That isn't ics. It is a "fix".
  17. SCARLETnGREY

SCARLETnGREY Well-Known Member

18. hilmar2k

19. RBEmerson

RBEmerson Well-Known Member

That update just showed up here (Phila., PA burbs). It's listed as being 32Mb. I won't know what rev level it leaves in until it's finished.

BTW, I learned today, from a visit to a VZW store, that DINC's and DINC2's are having a problem which shows up as the phone seeming to be out of internal storage when, in fact, that's not the case. I've just been hit with that one and reporting that, at the store, is what prompted the comment. I was also told a fix is in the works but no ETA was given. We'll see if the memory problem goes away after the update is installed.
  20. stealthtt24

stealthtt24 Well-Known Member

I just checked twice today for new updates and it says No new software update available :(
  21. TheAtheistReverend

Yeah this is the update that was rumored to be the ICS seen on the VZ servers. Now I'm sad we know it isn't it and the ICS update is God-knows-when...
  22. hilmar2k

You're not really missing anything.
  23. TheAtheistReverend

Anyone know if this update affects root-ability?
  24. RBEmerson

RBEmerson Well-Known Member

I also asked about ICS for the DINC2. There is a DINC3 in the works but the ETA is anyone's guess. With DINC2 at EOL and a DINC3 coming, from what I heard, I wouldn't hold my breath, waiting for ICS.
  25. bberryhill0

bberryhill0 Well-Known Member

Yes. It's been shipping on refurbs for a few weeks. The old downgrade doesn't work. Last I checked they were getting somewhere with tacoroot but the first reboot bootlooped.