Any idea of when next Dinc 2 update will happen?General

1. TheAtheistReverend

TheAtheistReverend Anybody want a peanut? VIP Member

And here I thought they were playing nicer these days with the root thing.

I'm guessing it's VZ doing that part, or insisting on it. My bud just got a One S and he claims they actually made it easier to root because of requests made by users. I'm not sure how true that is, but I still thoguht we were moving towards that :mad:
  2. twister8008

twister8008 Well-Known Member

what ROM are you running for ICS?
  3. bberryhill0

bberryhill0 Well-Known Member

HTC unlock still works but that doesn't give you s-off.
  4. valorian

valorian Well-Known Member

I'm running PrimoBones-HawkSense. Still a WIP so there are a few bugs. But over all, this ROM works great. Fast and very smooth running ROM.
  5. iGiRLYY

iGiRLYY Member

Some sources are saying that the Inc2 may not be getting ice cream sandwich.... PLEASE TELL ME THIS ISNT TRUE!!
  6. TheAtheistReverend

TheAtheistReverend Anybody want a peanut? VIP Member

This isn't true.
  7. iGiRLYY

iGiRLYY Member

Are you sure cuz its taking longer than expected and i think the HTC Rezound just got the ICS update a couple of days ago i believe...
  8. victek

victek Well-Known Member

Can you link to the sources that say the Inc2 is not getting ICS?
  9. iGiRLYY

iGiRLYY Member

10. twister8008

I saw this on another Site as well only that Site said HTC decided against it. I I wouldn't sweat it right now...
  11. victek

victek Well-Known Member

12. victek

victek Well-Known Member

If the Inc2 gets ICS and performs well with it I'll be inclined to stay with it longer. If it doesn't then I see a Galaxy S3 in my future :) Just have to wait a little longer for reliable information.
  13. jrmckins

jrmckins Well-Known Member

We had that conversation here somewhere. It is very clear that TBD means "when" not "if".
  14. blackepoxy

blackepoxy Well-Known Member

OMG! I hate this article! Boo!:p
  15. STeVe7320

STeVe7320 Well-Known Member

Think its the same article I found recently, my heart sunk then I realized its just one persons misinterpretation of the same schedule that left us with some hope.
  16. valorian

valorian Well-Known Member

ICS and Sense 4a runs great on this phone. My phone is running the smoothest and fastest it's ever run now that I'm on ICS w/ Sense 4.
  17. twister8008

Are you using ukb or hawk sense?
  18. bberryhill0

19. gadgetmonster

gadgetmonster Well-Known Member

What is the latest on if/when there will be OTA ICS? Is there any evidence anywhere? If not, i'll wait until CM9 comes for it (hopefully it does)
  20. jrmckins

21. victek

victek Well-Known Member

That's good news as I believe the hardware is very similar, yes? Hopefully the Dinc 2 is right around the corner.

By the way, is there any recommended prep for a major OS update? For instance would it be wise to uninstall my antivirus temporarily and make "Sense" my default launcher...things along those lines?
  22. gadgetmonster

gadgetmonster Well-Known Member

great news, hope it comes.!
  23. jrmckins

has anyone tracked how far behind the Incredible S the DINC 2 updates have been? Do we lag a week? A month???
  24. STeVe7320

STeVe7320 Well-Known Member

The Incredible S got the 2.3.5 w/ sense 3 months ago. DInc2 hasn't. So we lag by quite a bit. Hopefully Verizon just scratched that update and hopes to grace us with ICS and sense 3.6 very soon.
  25. bberryhill0