• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Any idea of when next Dinc 2 update will happen?

Isn't the M a 4.5 inch screen? That is to small? Wowzer. I have been really tempted by the M, it's the crappy camera that keeps me from it.

The screen on the "M" is technically 4.3", but it feels smaller because the navigation buttons are on the screen along the bottom edge. Those on-screen buttons disappear in "full-screen" situations, such as when playing a video, but most of the time they're there (think "Windows taskbar" with apps sizing themselves to sit along the top edge). In terms of size the screen feels the same as the Dinc2.

Reactions: TheAtheistReverend
Upvote 0
I responded to HTC with:
Guys, this is low-hanging fruit. Maybe you'd sell more phones if you'd take care of your customers. Instead you release a Windows phone. What are you thinking? This is twice I've waited a LONG time for updates for HTC phones. I'm not sure I can justify buying another HTC device based on this. It's far easier to keep a customer than attract a new one. Make some effort to keep me as a customer please.

Reactions: bberryhill0
Upvote 0
I responded to HTC with:
Guys, this is low-hanging fruit. Maybe you'd sell more phones if you'd take care of your customers. Instead you release a Windows phone. What are you thinking? This is twice I've waited a LONG time for updates for HTC phones. I'm not sure I can justify buying another HTC device based on this. It's far easier to keep a customer than attract a new one. Make some effort to keep me as a customer please.

Well said. Now if we could just get another one million people to say the same thing to them we might get a response LOL. Unfortunately all the manufacturers are playing a numbers game.

Upvote 0
I remember when word came out that the Inc 2 was getting ICS that there were 3 or 4 other phones mentioned as getting it as well. Anyone remember those phones and/or know if any of them have received ICS updates? Just read on Droid Life that the Bionic looks like it will finally be getting it's OTA update for ICS in the next couple of weeks.

DROID Bionic Soak Test Incoming, Should be Ice Cream Sandwich – Droid Life

Upvote 0
I remember when word came out that the Inc 2 was getting ICS that there were 3 or 4 other phones mentioned as getting it as well. Anyone remember those phones and/or know if any of them have received ICS updates? Just read on Droid Life that the Bionic looks like it will finally be getting it's OTA update for ICS in the next couple of weeks.

DROID Bionic Soak Test Incoming, Should be Ice Cream Sandwich – Droid Life

LG Spectrum was also one of the phones on that list. They are due to get ICS any day (if the reports are true). Even when I saw that the Dinc2 was slated to get ICS I knew not to bother holding my breath. I to have been through this with another HTC phone.

edit: My daughter's LG Spectrum just got the ICS update today.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
LG Spectrum was also one of the phones on that list. They are due to get ICS any day (if the reports are true). Even when I saw that the Dinc2 was slated to get ICS I knew not to bother holding my breath. I to have been through this with another HTC phone.

This is my second long wait with HTC. Probably my last since they don't have a good phone on VZW right now.

Upvote 0
I was feeling flush so when an Incredible 4G came up for $300 I bought it. My guess has always been that ICS for the Incredible 2 will be released in January 2013.

I rooted my Incredible 2 an hour and a half after I turned it on. No problems. EclipticSense is solid except for the checkerboard rendering problem and that isn't a problem unless you use your phone for your only computer. Even then it's not that bad. The devs are working on an update but Mac dropped a die on his arm.

Nit's UKB is another option.

Upvote 0
I'm thinking we're not seeing an update.

Can anyone recommend a good quad-core phone not made by HTC that will have updates in a timely manner? Or do all companies take a LONG time to update their devices?

If it isn't a nexus device, you can count on waiting or not getting much for updates. Otherwise the HTC DNA looks like a beast! It may be what I end up with.

Upvote 0
I'm thinking we're not seeing an update.

Can anyone recommend a good quad-core phone not made by HTC that will have updates in a timely manner? Or do all companies take a LONG time to update their devices?

It seems like update schedules are always unreliable. Best to buy a phone with the OS version you want so you're not waiting. The Droid DNA comes with Jelly Bean and that's almost the latest and I don't know if 4.2 (second Jelly Bean iteration) has any significant improvements/features worth waiting for.

Reactions: dgadams
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones