• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Any idea whats going on with the email on my Galaxy S3 ?

If i log into my email account on the main computer at home which is a BT internet account and check my mail, then delete a few emails from my account i get a message coming up on my Galaxy S3 saying as an example: 8 new emails.

These emails can be from months ago which are right at the bottom of my email list, its basically sending them to my phone as if they havn't been read, its only happening when i delete emails from my main account via the home computer.

I'm using the stock android email app which is linked to my email account.

I think ive worked it out.

My phone was set to display 25 messages in my email settings but my main account was set to display 50 messages, so every time i deleted a message from my main account it would add messages to my phones inbox to make up the 25 messages. Basically my main account had over 50 emails and was 3 pages long where as my phone was one page long and was just displaying 25 messages, it was just bringing them forward into my inbox once emails were deleted to make up the 25.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones