1. In regards to recently combined carrier specific root forums, if your device forum was affected, please see this poll/thread!

Any ideas on what is holding up the Note for Verizon?General

1. dlcpa

dlcpa Well-Known Member

Assuming the Note will eventually make it to Verizon, what could be holding it up. Any ideas? It seems that since it's already working all over the world, why not here?

Is the Note working anywhere with 4G LTE? Perhaps there in lies the problem.

Other than that the only thing I can think of is Verizon insisting on making a hardware change. Perhaps the + screen (but I don't think that's it) or maybe a bigger battery compartment. I don't think software or firmware changes would take that long to implement. There is a reason(s) for the delay. What do you all think?

Advertisement
    GalaxyNexus likes this.
  2. JunBringer

JunBringer Well-Known Member

If they are considering releasing it they'd probably wait until next year because they just launched a crapload of top tier phones.
    GalaxyNexus likes this.
  3. dlcpa

dlcpa Well-Known Member

You know, this phone is so different and people who decide they want it aren't going to buy something else that's not its equal. You can't want a phone the size of the Note and they decide, ok for two years I'll get a small one. The option is go with ATT or whatever large powerful phone comes out next. I'd never buy and 3.5 inch IPhone or Blackberry now. So, having a 100 other phones to me and everyone else who wants a large screen phone is meaningless. The beauty of Android is diversity and different size of the Note is something that puts it totally alone from any other phone and it is the most significant difference there is. Dual core 1.2 vs. 1.5 is a difference but not huge. Amoled + vs. Amoled is also not huge. Even Quad vs. Dual to many of us is not that major a concern. Difference is, I could go for any of the better choices if they exist but I can do without them all, except the size of the screen.

I think Verizon knows all this, so is there a Note that already is functioning at 4G LTE or is that the problem?
    GalaxyNexus likes this.
  4. snuggles

snuggles Well-Known Member

Come on verizon lets get with it!!!
    GalaxyNexus likes this.
  5. dlcpa

dlcpa Well-Known Member

I wrote something similar to what I wrote above on the Verizon blog but they don't read these things and I'd bet that they will release the Note as soon as it is available as a 4G LTE phone that does not interfere with GPS, WiFi or phone calls. I think they should be smart enough to realize this phone is different than all the others, every one of them. So no matter how many phones were released, the market segment that now wants the Note, will not buy something else with less size and certainly with less ability and it may jump services to get it. Who knows where ATT's 4G LTE will be by the middle of Q1 2012? Right now, Verizon blows them away but if it is close to equal people could jump and at the same time, if it came out now, they can steal ATT customers who want a denser 4G LTE network.

So, I believe they aren't holding back on purpose, unless they are complete idiots!
    snuggles and GalaxyNexus like this.
  6. PhilMcGraw

PhilMcGraw Well-Known Member

Well, first of all, a lot of articles I have read have been giving AT&T as the more likely candidate that would carry the Note. Tech analysts have been saying they are pretty sure that AT&T would be carrying it.

But besides that, they have announced and I believe already released an LTE version of the Note in S. Korea. The problem with it is that they switched out the 1.4 GHZ Exynos with a 1.5 GHZ Snapdragon which is disappointing. If Verizon were to release the device I don't think any hardware changes would be the issue besides perhaps a slightly larger battery for LTE, although 2500 mAh is enough.

There was an FCC filing earlier this week that showed the Note going through with more specific AT&T bands for HSPA+. Now, of course this doesn't mean anything as it could always go to Canada. HOWEVER, some of the phones that go to Canada on a network like Rogers end up also coming here (i.e. the Infuse, GSII LTE, Galaxy S Glide, etc.) And I am actually hoping for the HSPA+ AT&T version because it will mean that the processor will more than likely be the Exynos which in the Note is faster than the one in the GSII stock.