• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Any ideas???

JaRN99

Android Enthusiast
Jul 30, 2010
OK....still getting used to me new Incredible. One thing I do not like is how it has all my Facebook friends on my people list. Some of them I do not have their phone numbers for and I don't want them on my people list. Is there a way to get rid of the ones I don't want on there and only link the one who's phone numbers I have? Also when I open Facebook and try to open my friends list I get a pop-up window that says "the application Facebook (process com.facebook.katana) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again" and it only gives the option to force close. I did un-install and re-install the FB update and still doing it. Thinking I might need a factory refresh to get everything back to square one and link only the contacts I want.

I find myself annoyed w/the google contacts as well. My simple solution, and perhaps someone else will come along with something more is to go into people -> menu
-> view -> make your selection(s). My phone only shows those actually imported from my phone book.

Sorry, I rarely use the FB app. I actually like fb mobile better :-/

Upvote 0
OK....still getting used to me new Incredible. One thing I do not like is how it has all my Facebook friends on my people list. Some of them I do not have their phone numbers for and I don't want them on my people list. Is there a way to get rid of the ones I don't want on there and only link the one who's phone numbers I have? Also when I open Facebook and try to open my friends list I get a pop-up window that says "the application Facebook (process com.facebook.katana) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again" and it only gives the option to force close. I did un-install and re-install the FB update and still doing it. Thinking I might need a factory refresh to get everything back to square one and link only the contacts I want.

Not sure about your FC issues!

But if you go to Facebook -> Menu -> Settings -> Other Settings you will see an option to Sync All, Sync with existing contacts or Don't sync.

It sounds like you need to choose Sync with existing contacts!

Disclaimer: You MAY want to "unsync" all contacts from FB before you make these changes. It should remove all FB associations you currently have and then start the sync with existing contacts method!

Personally, I use Don't Sync as I keep FB as just FB and do not let it work its way into the rest of my phone and have had zero FC issues.

Good Luck!

Upvote 0
I had a fight with my X about this the other night. I could not, for the life of me, get it to sync ONLY existing contacts, so it was all or nothing. The X won, and I just chose to see my Google contacts, and not all. *sigh*

See I cannot speak to the X, but I imagine it would be very similar.
What you may want to try doing is unsync with FB, then remove all the contacts from the phone (obviously you want to kill your 3G and WiFi so it cannot screw up the contacts in Google).

Reboot the phone and then once all your Google contacts are synced back to the phone, then try to restart FB and try the "Sync with existing contacts".

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones