• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Any ideas..?

So I finally lost my rag with the low space notification, and decided that instead of chucking the damned thing out of the window, perhaps the time to root had arrived. So i made a goldcard, rooted and installed the HD ROM port, which seems excellent by the way. The trouble is, after flashing the new ROM I realised I hadn't partitioned my SD card, which completely buggers up the whole reason I started messing about in the first place. So I tried partitioning it using ROM manager. This was a mistake on reflection, as it now appears not to be a goldcard any more. But now when I try and make it into a goldcard again the hex editor won't let me paste the relevant lines in there. Does this mean it's game over for this card, or is there anything I can do to fix it?

Thanks guys :)

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones