• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Any ideas?

chrisfoxx3

Lurker
Aug 17, 2015
I'll preface this by saying that I've barely used this app. As I've only really downloaded it to see if I can get this one function to work, I thought it might be quicker to ask the community rather than kill myself trying to learn!

I've got an EONON GA5150 in my car, it's like an android head unit kinda deal.

Without going into too much detail, the cable that needs to receive a voltage in order to activate the button LEDs is not receiving said voltage.

This means that the button LEDs (listed as 'element' in the settings menu) only come on for about 3 seconds at start up, then turn off (as it assumes that you have not activated the side lights on your car).

As the 'element' is recognised by the android system and not just a hardware feature, can I assume that there will be some way to force the light to stay on? When I am in the element menu which allows you to change the colour of the lights, when I touch the slider the lights come on (so you can see what colour you're changing it to), then turn off shortly afterwards.

Is there a way to target this colour changing screen with a repeated prompt that will just keep the lights running or is it way too much effort to bother with it?

Any help you could give me would be massssively appreciated. Included some hopefully useful photos.

Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_2295.JPG
    IMG_2295.JPG
    412.8 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_2296.JPG
    IMG_2296.JPG
    394 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_2297.JPG
    IMG_2297.JPG
    403.9 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_2298.JPG
    IMG_2298.JPG
    408.8 KB · Views: 37
Welcome to android Forums.

I have no experience with it.

One of your images shows Settings | Display. What value is the timeout (perhaps called Sleep) in that entry set to? Increase the length of time?

... Thom
It's set to never sleep (the screen), but this is separate from the Element. I was hoping that seen as though I can activate the button lights by changing the colour with the slider I might be able to take advantage of that using Tasker?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones