Any Images of the Extended Battery/CoverGeneral

Last Updated:

1. alexderaven

alexderaven Member This Topic's Starter

Has anyone been able to find images of the verizon oem extended battery (2150mAh) and the replacement cover? Other than the original grainy e-pub leak.

Advertisement
  2. DroidPower

DroidPower Well-Known Member

I would stick with an HTC official Battery, bootlegs are a risk, i just purchase a 2nd standard battery.

3. phobic

phobic Well-Known Member

OEM = original equipment manufacturer

Original Equipment Manufacturer of the Incredible = HTC

Looks like Verizon will be selling legit HTC extended batteries.

OP , there's no current date on when these will arrive just the fact that it's gonna be post launch (which could be any day now really).

*shrug*

4. jwm2

jwm2 Well-Known Member

Whats funny is companies like seidio claim they are using japanese cells, but the batteries are made in taiwan. That makes them taiwanese not japanese ;)

5. ChiTownJim

ChiTownJim Well-Known Member

True Story. I'm pretty much set on buying the 2150 battery but I saw that it's manufactured by a company called Superior is this who makes the Incredible battery I am too lazy to pull it out but looked at my Eris battery and it's manufactured by Formosa Industries Inc and is made in China

Hopefully Superior puts together a good quality battery since it's pretty much more money then my incredible cost me lol

6. alexderaven

I'm not so sure if I like the idea of Superior making the extended battery. If you look at their website, they seem to be more knowledgeable in making industrial batteries, not electronic (lithium type) batteries.

7. bigvinny

bigvinny Well-Known Member

Never had to think about needing an extended capacity battery... until now. I'm not a heavy user, but I think I could benefit from not having to recharge battery everyday.

8. ChiTownJim

ChiTownJim Well-Known Member

Yeah miss my dumpphone days where I got sometimes a week of life on one charge lol

9. yourfriendwayned

yourfriendwayned Well-Known Member

Man I am going to miss this red to black case on my Inc now :( I hope the back cover looks decent... I am used to holding a Blackberry Storm 1 and 2 so I think it wouldn't matter size and weight lol

10. jwm2

jwm2 Well-Known Member

Industrial batteries are superior to consumer batteries. They need to stand up to alot more abuse and harsher conditions. Industries pay more money for stuff that lasts longer and performs better under extreme conditions and regular use.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

11. jwm2

jwm2 Well-Known Member

Just think, if you had an iphone you'd have no choice of an extended battery. Be thankful you have a device that has the option for one.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

12. alexderaven

What I ment by industrial is lead alkali batteries vs. electronic lithium batteries. Lithium batteries require additional voltage/current control circuitry. Which a company like Superior may not have much experience with.

Well, look like they'll be available next week. If someone gets it upload a pic for us of both covers.

13. greenrolaids

greenrolaids Well-Known Member

Actually there are a few company that make slim cases for the iPhone that have extended batterys them.

But i get what ur saying. The actual battery is not removable.

14. Todd M

Todd M Well-Known Member

qfmft