• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Any Incredible owners jealous of the Evo 4G?

I suspect most that bought the Inc. knew the Evo was coming. I have seen it and messed with it. It is awesome but big in the pocket. You think our battery wears out what do you think will happen with a 1500 battery in that beast. HTC makes great phones but really skimps on the batteries. I still like the incredible because of verizon. About the only thing I am jealous of is the built in kickstand lol.

Upvote 0
I'm actually going to change to Sprint. Sprints coverage in my area is actually very good. But the biggest selling point for me are the price of the plans.

When I pre-ordered the Dinc there was no set date for the Evo 4g yet. My G1 was dying on me so I needed a phone. The Dinc sounded like a no-brainer.

Don't get me wrong I absolutely love my Incredible. But all else being equal in terms of hardware and coverage, if I can save ~$30/month on my plan, it wouldn't make sense for me to stay with Verizon.

Upvote 0
Which still makes me wonder why I have seen zero Incredible commercials yet? Just makes no sense.....and is the reason why the Iphone is so successful, Insane marketing campaigns that brain wash everybody into buying it.

Come on Verizon advertise the Incredible....

Evo is nice, but ultimately it is on Sprint, and the fancy extras like the 720P video, etc., just can't be that great on a cell phone? Who knows maybe it will be great, but the DINC is pretty awesome, and I have a strong network behind the phone....
why advertise something when its completely out of stock for 3 weeks....i agree it should get some advertising but best wait until you can actually keep it in stock

it will do more harm to advertise something and have people rush to stores to be told sorry, you cant get it until next month

Reactions: alewifebp
Upvote 0
I suspect most that bought the Inc. knew the Evo was coming. I have seen it and messed with it. It is awesome but big in the pocket. You think our battery wears out what do you think will happen with a 1500 battery in that beast. HTC makes great phones but really skimps on the batteries. I still like the incredible because of verizon. About the only thing I am jealous of is the built in kickstand lol.

I'm sure HTC will put whatever battery VZW reqests. To keep the cost down VZW choose a smaller one. It's not HTC.... it's the carriers that do that.

Upvote 0
I am tempted to move to the EVO for 2 reasons:
-Chicago has 4G coverage
-I am sufferring from very poor phone call quality with my DINC

If my phone calls would just sound better, I would probably not even consider it; but the phone sounds like I am underwater, my voice is really "scratchy" on it, and calls are nowhere near as clear as they were on my IPhone, or, actually, the shitty Samsung phone I got for my son on Verizon.
This is a documented problem, that really needs fixing, as my calls to Tech support have revealed that ALOT of people are calling in with the same issue

I love this phone, but, its gotta make decent phone calls for me to keep it..

Upvote 0
Not one bit. The phones overall size is way to big for my liking, and whats the point of 2 cameras? If you want to video chat why not just go talk to them in person? Or hop on a web cam.

If I'm not mistaken the processor and memory are the same in the Evo and Inc. (correct me if im wrong)

Upvote 0
-Chicago has 4G coverage

If my phone calls would just sound better, I would probably not even consider it; but the phone sounds like I am underwater, my voice is really "scratchy" on it, and calls are nowhere near as clear as they were on my IPhone, or, actually, the shitty Samsung phone I got for my son on Verizon.
This is a documented problem, that really needs fixing, as my calls to Tech support have revealed that ALOT of people are calling in with the same issue

Why do you assume that the Evo will get better call quality? It's made by the same company and will be on a subpar provider. I also except for a firmware update to address the call quality issues soon.

Upvote 0
Jealous of the Samsung Galaxy S. Thinner than a Incredible, faster CPU (same ghz but the CPU can do more IPC than a Snapdragon), faster 3D GPU for games, Super AMOLED screen is even better and usable in sunlight, stock 1500mah battery.

Unfortunately, not HTC Exchange which is actually pretty good and the camera will probably be not as good... And after HTC, Samsung is slow to update the OS. Then again, at least it will be built a bit better and can handle calls clearly.

Upvote 0
Why do you assume that the Evo will get better call quality? It's made by the same company and will be on a subpar provider. I also except for a firmware update to address the call quality issues soon.

my wife keeps telling me the same thing..I guess its just my hope that it will be that way..
I may just get one, keep my incredible too, and see if the call quality is any better after using the evo for a week or so..if its not any better, I can return it within 30 days, with no problems...

Upvote 0
Jealous of the Samsung Galaxy S. Thinner than a Incredible, faster CPU (same ghz but the CPU can do more IPC than a Snapdragon), faster 3D GPU for games, Super AMOLED screen is even better and usable in sunlight, stock 1500mah battery.

Unfortunately, not HTC Exchange which is actually pretty good and the camera will probably be not as good... And after HTC, Samsung is slow to update the OS. Then again, at least it will be built a bit better and can handle calls clearly.

But Tmobile...big downer.

Upvote 0
-Chicago has 4G coverage

Agree with the 4G. Seattle has 4G and it's very tempting. I am concerned with how poor I hear Sprint's coverage is in general, however.

I should note that the call quality on my Incredible is amazing. Best of any phone I've owned. You may try swapping it for a new phone and giving that a shot first.

Upvote 0
I'm going to give the EVO a try! And for a pretty valid reason. My unlocked HD2 running on at&t is one of the best phones I've ever owned. I remember seeing it reviewed on Phone Dog, and Noah said it felt like a phone from the future. he wasn't kidding! Once you get passed that POS Windows 6.0, its awesome. The words out of my mouth were, This would be absolutely sick if it ran Android! So here we are with the EVO upon us. Granted, it's bigger then the Incredible, which some people see as a downfall, and some don't. All a matter of preference when you lay the Incredible down next to the EVO. My plan is to give it a try, and if Sprint sucks, I'll just return it and cancel the contract. It's 50/50 for me, if it doesn't preform well, and service is not that good, I'll just stick with the Incredible. I like Android, so I wont be going to far.

Upvote 0
Agree with the 4G. Seattle has 4G and it's very tempting. I am concerned with how poor I hear Sprint's coverage is in general, however.

I should note that the call quality on my Incredible is amazing. Best of any phone I've owned. You may try swapping it for a new phone and giving that a shot first.

I was considering that, but, first of all, there are none to exchange it for, as far as I know, they are back ordered until June 5th or so, and 2, my wife has one and her sound is terrible as well, so I am not sure if an exchange would make any difference..

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones