• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Any Incredible owners jealous of the Evo 4G?

yeah i really do think the size will become a pain in the butt. not for women since they can stick it in their purse etc. but for guys i think it will become a hassle, esp if they're wearing jeans. could you imagine trying to put that thing in your pocket, with a case on it!? won't happen. belt holsters will be a huge sell along with the phone. the incredibles a PERFECT size.

Upvote 0
truthfully i'm not jealous... well it would be nice to have hdmi but if i can get ahold of that tvout cable i'll be fine. my sprint friends are trying to make me jealous though.

lol yeah i agree. HDMI? cool. would I use it? Probably never, ever. I garauntee the highly touted front facing camera won't ever be used by the majority of EVO users. i rather have all useful features like the Incredible, rather than a few needless features the EVO provides.

Upvote 0
lol it's simply a logical and realistic thread:) not to mention this highly-touted phone is on sprint. it's like putting unleaded 87 in an F-1 race car. sure, the hardware is GREAT but the source it runs on? not made for the hardware.

Great post. I agree: Verizon's 4G network is way better than Sprint's. Fark the EVO!

Wait, what ...

Upvote 0
Great post. I agree: Verizon's 4G network is way better than Sprint's. Fark the EVO!

Wait, what ...

lol saw that coming. however LTE will be the gold standard of 4G. Wimax definitely won't be, not to mention all other major carriers will use LTE. Sure it's not out yet, but when it is, sprints 4g won't come close. not to mention you're relegated to a handful of cities if you'd like to use the 4g feature. for the majority of the population, it's just another 3g phone. Verizon's not rushing out their 4G service because they're lazy, they expect it to be the best and quality takes time.

Upvote 0
lol saw that coming. however LTE will be the gold standard of 4G. Wimax definitely won't be, not to mention all other major carriers will use LTE. Sure it's not out yet, but when it is, sprints 4g won't come close. not to mention your relegated to a handful of cities if you'd like to use the 4g feature. for the majority of the population, it's just another 3g phone. Verizon's not rushing out their 4G service because they're lazy, they expect it to be the best and quality takes time.

+1

I also wonder what the spotty Sprint WiMax will do to a 1500 mah battery..

Upvote 0
lol saw that coming. however LTE will be the gold standard of 4G. Wimax definitely won't be, not to mention all other major carriers will use LTE. Sure it's not out yet, but when it is, sprints 4g won't come close. not to mention you're relegated to a handful of cities if you'd like to use the 4g feature. for the majority of the population, it's just another 3g phone. Verizon's not rushing out their 4G service because they're lazy, they expect it to be the best and quality takes time.
yep, you hit it spot on...

Upvote 0
I've played with the Evo 4G (don't ask me how please!). The
Evo 4G has a better build quality than the Incredible. It feels really good in the hands like the HTC HD2.

Secondly, the front facing camera is cool.

However, the 720p video recording isn't all that. It records in at 16-20 fps. Which to me = useless. It also records in .3gp format.
I'm curious about one thing you said..."better build quality", explain that to me please.

Upvote 0
I am tempted to move to the EVO for 2 reasons:
-Chicago has 4G coverage
-I am sufferring from very poor phone call quality with my DINC

If my phone calls would just sound better, I would probably not even consider it; but the phone sounds like I am underwater, my voice is really "scratchy" on it, and calls are nowhere near as clear as they were on my IPhone, or, actually, the shitty Samsung phone I got for my son on Verizon.
This is a documented problem, that really needs fixing, as my calls to Tech support have revealed that ALOT of people are calling in with the same issue

I love this phone, but, its gotta make decent phone calls for me to keep it..

Better make sure that the 4G coverage covers your area outside of Chicago. I heard only some neighborhoods in Chicago have 4G coverage. As far as call quality try this.... http://androidforums.com/tips-tricks-incredible/80747-improve-your-call-quality.html

Upvote 0
I would be jealous IF:

1. I had real big hands, since I have used the HD2 while on Tmo and found it awkward and easy to drop if trying to operate with one hand like I did with G1 and do fine with Inc.

2. If 4G had actual wide coverage rather than a weak footprint for the year (at least) and even then, it will only cover Sprint 3G areas- WEAK. Even cities that have 4G are only partially covered.

3. If the EVO uses the same touch sensors as the HD2, it is less responsive than Desire or Inc.

4. If the EVO had more app space: Inc uses the 512mb rom only for OS and stock apps and has 748 flash free for third party apps. EVO uses a 1gb rom, but will have less app storage out of the box and even less than that when Froydo 2.2 is released.

Now, if someone released the Incredible with the TP2's physical keyboard design, I would be VERY jealous!!!!!

Upvote 0
I'm curious about one thing you said..."better build quality", explain that to me please.

Textured-touch vs hard flimsy plasticky feel. The back cover of the Incredible feels incredibly cheap. The EVO has a hefty nice texture and solid feel. It is like cars; some have better quality dash vs tupperware. E.G. Audi A8 vs a Dodge Caliber. In car speak, they call people like me dash-strokers. When you touch the dash or door panel on an Audi, you can tell the plastic is much better quality over the Caliber.

When you pull out the kickstand, you can see the fit-n-finish. It is comparable to the Nexus One.

Upvote 0
Better make sure that the 4G coverage covers your area outside of Chicago. I heard only some neighborhoods in Chicago have 4G coverage. As far as call quality try this.... http://androidforums.com/tips-tricks-incredible/80747-improve-your-call-quality.html
And..."The transition from 3G to 4G isn't just a flip of the switch," said Kim Perdikou, general manager of Juniper's infrastructure products group. "Five years down the road, there will still be more 3G traffic than 4G traffic. That means that the first 4G devices will need to be able to connect to 2G and 3G networks in order to get service where 4G isn't available -- which will be most places." AT&T, Verizon and Sprint 4G: Not so fast - Feb. 23, 2010

Upvote 0
Textured-touch vs hard flimsy plasticky feel. The back cover of the Incredible feels incredibly cheap. The EVO has a hefty nice texture and solid feel. It is like cars; some have better quality dash vs tupperware. E.G. Audi A8 vs a Dodge Caliber. In car speak, they call people like me dash-strokers. When you touch the dash or door panel on an Audi, you can tell the plastic is much better quality over the Caliber.

When you pull out the kickstand, you can see the fit-n-finish. It is comparable to the Nexus One.
Interesting. Obviously you have a heads-up since you've handled it. I'm certain it's a quality piece.

Upvote 0
LOOK, im with sprint but verizon is better. this evo will be better than the INC bottom line. but its like 1a and 1b...both phone are amazing. and 2.2 will blow the iphones out of the water if not already...lets just be happy android and htc have stepped up there game and will continue to make this whole thing grow and grow...seems like once a week google is buying up some company that they will use for their cells in the future...we're all family here...CDMA family

Reactions: misterzeno
Upvote 0
EVO users are in for a rude awakening when they drive 2 miles away and all of a sudden they are toggling 3g and WiMax.

And I'd also like to know if 95% of customers really need this minor boost in internet performance to the point that it constitutes switching to an inferior carrier.

I mean it's a cell phone, right guys? We only have so much battery life. The stronger the performance the higher usage of battery.

You think the Incredible is a v12 Ferrari? The EVO is gonna suck juice like an Army Hummer on Nitrous.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones