• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Any Incredible owners jealous of the Evo 4G?

The network thing is very subjective.

Some networks are better in some places than others and vice versa. I think we can all agree that AT&Ts network is generally overloaded, but I've had great quality with Sprint and I always get quality calls with people on Verizon.

The EVO and incredible are so close it basically comes down to preference

Reactions: misterzeno
Upvote 0
The network thing is very subjective.

Some networks are better in some places than others and vice versa. I think we can all agree that AT&Ts network is generally overloaded, but I've had great quality with Sprint and I always get quality calls with people on Verizon.

The EVO and incredible are so close it basically comes down to preference

And contract :p

Upvote 0
Well, thanks all for making this an active topic....

Anywho... I actually prefer sprint to Verizon for service... but since I only pay 75.00 for unlimited everything due to being on a family plan.... I will be saving money with the incredible,..

Any other circumstance, I would be on Sprint in a heartbeat....

Just lucked out into a cheap plan....

I honestly think calls are clearer on sprint, and data much faster... I have traveled extensively and was impressed with coverage and service...

Maybe when I decide to dump VZW, or this awesome plan expires, Its off to sprint for me... which actually enjoys and prefers the service over Verizon.

That being said, I am getting really hooked on my Incredible, and it will be hard to return it.

Upvote 0
I think this has been a fun thread. Lots of people get really excited about a new phone. That's great. It's given me an opportunity to get nerdy again and think about design and specs and everything.

When all is said and done the phones aren't that different. It's basically the incredible for a different carrier. Still cool for people to get excited...

Upvote 0
4g not so hot...

Data speeds i got in my tests weren’t spectacular, or anywhere close to the typical maximum sprint claims, even in baltimore, where the company’s 4g network is mature. And, when using 4g, the evo’s battery runs down alarmingly fast. In my tests, it didn’t last through a full day with 4g turned on. The carrier, in fact, is thinking of advising users to turn off the 4g network access when they don’t think they need it, to save battery life. This undercuts the whole idea of faster cellular speeds.

Article:
sprint 4g phone hits new speeds, but battery lags | walt mossberg | personal technology | allthingsd

I predicted that.. not hard too I suppose.

Upvote 0
I predicted that.. not hard too I suppose.

perhaps they could put a bigger battery in it, not rocket science. but hey, anything to save a buck.

carriers shouldn't be producing products that need to be neutered constantly of its features because they don't have the common sense to provide enough power to last a friggin day. that amazes me. 4g isn't very useful if you have a dead phone. and the speed issue doesn't surprise me at all, these things happen when a company decides to rush a new network out just to say its the first, but instead it's only a guinea pig providing blueprints for the other major carriers. verizon thanks you, sprint.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones