General Any info on ICS update?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by gordonwd, Jan 30, 2012.

1. gordonwd

gordonwd Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2010
    I've pretty well decided on this as my new phone, replacing an unlocked HTC Desire, but having been burned by vendor commitments in the past, I really don't want to pull the trigger until I hear that the ICS OTA update is actually available. I don't care if my phone has ICS out-of-the-box, but want to know that I can apply the update whenever I'm ready.

I've heard that Samsung has committed to releasing this update, but between them and AT&T there's a good possibility for delays and all that. Anyone heard anything from AT&T on this (fat chance, I suppose!)?

Advertisement
  2. Midiman

Midiman Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    Male
    Professional musician, photographer, computer prog
    Upstate, NY
    Then buy something else. The OTA update is not currently available. Everyone is just playing guessing games as to when and if. Or sit around for 3 to 6 months and wait. What feature is ICS going to add to your phone you can't live without? I can't WAIT to see my battery life cut in half by all the millions of new "things" that have everyone wetting their pants. I haven't actually heard of ONE yet... maybe I'll get a new battery indicator. That would be AWESOME!!

3. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2010
    Phones
    Over Yonder
    The is update came out 3 weeks ago! we have been trying to keep it a secret though so this post will ne deleted in 5 minutes

Honestly though after watching multiple false promises of updates (on all carriers AND brands)
    If you want it wait and buy a phone that has it put of the box

4. gordonwd

gordonwd Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2010
    Thanks for the replies. The reason I need it is that I'm an Android app developer and want to keep my old phone to verify V2.x compatibility and a newer one for testing V4.x features. To an app developer, there is a definite difference!

The Galaxy Nexus would make sense, but since this will also be my personal phone, there are some reasons why I don't want to go that way.