Any info on the official car dock?

Last Updated:

1. makisupa79

makisupa79 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I read somewhere Best Buy had an official car dock coming out in mid to late July. Kind of expected to see it in the Sunday ad today. Anyone have any news/info on it?

Advertisement
  2. Pyrex

Pyrex Member

I'm also interested in this. i've been watching the different brands very closely, but I've yet to see a good mount that isn't ridiculously expensive. I'm willing to spent upwards of $40 for a mount, but it needs to be tight, and not intrusive on the edges of the phone, and most importantly allow for landscaped viewing. Anyone have any up to date info?

3. Day Jub

Day Jub New Member

Xentris Wireless - Vehicle Vent Mount for Mobile Devices - Black - 60-1940-01-BB

It's cheap, it's easy, and I've been using this for a while now with my Hero. It worked great for the Hero and has been fine with the EVO so far too. I use my phones for GPS and have never had any major problems with it.

I have it mounted right next to my stereo instead of on my windshield, which just means that I had to use the sticky mount instead of just the suction cup.

4. Day Jub

Day Jub New Member

btw... I just noticed that there's an error on Best Buy's website... looks like they have the names mixed up for the mounts. Even though it says 'vent mount,' it still links to the 'windshield mount.'

5. Drew5150

Drew5150 Well-Known Member

Proclipusa will have one out this month

6. edwelly

edwelly Well-Known Member

Are the sides a lot bigger than the EVO? I can't seem to find a universal vent mount system than doesn't engulf the EVO.

Any pics of your setup by chance?

7. werkkrew

werkkrew Member

I'm holding out for the official mount as well, but I haven't found it on shelves yet.

8. cayovelez

cayovelez Member

It is the end of the mopnth and have not heard anymore about the car mount from HTC. Some have to have seen the actual device. Where is it?

9. pwnst*r

pwnst*r Well-Known Member

I think people saw them in their dreams. I know I did.

10. novox77

novox77 Leeeroy Jennnkinnns! VIP Member

Be suspicious. Especially if you saw Leonardo DiCaprio putting it in your car.

11. jtemple42000

jtemple42000 Well-Known Member

I remember seeing a thread about this a few weeks ago.

A member here, I don't remember who, emailed HTC and asked them about the windshield mount. HTC told him/her that they currently had no plans to produce the mount.

Now whether or not they were going to me the ones to bring this to market or not I don't know, but it looks like its all a pipe dream at this point.

12. uniquenameEVO

uniquenameEVO Well-Known Member

13. cayovelez

cayovelez Member

The Kensington looks pretty cool, but if I can get the function of the HD2 car mount on my evo I would be very stoked. I travel a lot, and right now I am using a tom tom xl 120 with a 4.3 in screen. My evo's navigation apps such as google maps and yes even sprint navigation work very well, so the promised car mount would be awesome.

14. hmeaders

hmeaders Member

Email from Proclip today states their EVO car mount will be out the 2nd half of August.