• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Any issues or concerns with LG Marquee

nybadboy6

Feb 19, 2012
Hey everyone want to hear first hand from users that have had the phone for quite sometime and if they are experiencing any issues with this phone minor or major and would you highly recommend this phone to everyone. Also wanted to add is there really a noticeable difference in speed between the LG and ZTE warp.

I've had mine for a few weeks now. I came from the Prevail, and it's kind of a mixed bag from that. The one major thing the Prevail has going for it over the Marquee is the developer community, but hopefully that will come soon to the Marquee. My biggest issue with the Marquee is the Bluetooth performance. It has an intermittent "crackle" to it. Not so much that it disrupts conversation, it's just kind of annoying. As a truck driver, I rely heavily on my Bluetooth headset, so it's quite annoying for me, but not enough to make me switch back to my Prevail. I have a Blue Parrot headset, so it's not some cheapo unit, and it worked perfectly with the Prevail, so I'm pretty sure it's the phone. Aside from that, I'm happy with the Marquee for the most part.

Upvote 0
Already shipped mine back to lg for a warranty replacement so im going to see how that goes if not then im probably just going to go sprint, or att contract and just get a better device! I had problems with my zte warp, got my refund back, went to a boost store and got the marquee. Constant reboots, and turns off when on charger and doesn't charge at all! Boost store wont give me a refund or a exchange called boost mobile and they say i have to go to lg, lg says that boost store and boost are lying SOB and that if they don't give you a new device or refund back you need to sue them ASAP.....yea i know how that goes, so i sent it to lg to get a replacement marquee. Should get something this friday or saturday i hope! I been in the prepaid game for a while now, and after:

Two motorola triumph
lg esteem
samsung prevail
zte warp
lg marquee

Only thing good about all of that is i was able to get my money back EXCEPT for the marquee! You may pay cheaper but also your paying for what you get in return....Horrible customer service, rushed devices that if taken time on SHOULD have been worthy, no offense but foreign speaking CS rep who have no knowledge and sound like robot reading the scripts they are given, and run around from the stores and business companies that just want your money and when you have problems go "IDK"

If you get a WORKING warp or marquee then ya its worth the money, but if your in my shoes paying extra 30-40 a month for better CS, better devices, and ACTUAL customer services, and not be PHONELESS for week sounds good right about now!

off my rant box and good luck!

Upvote 0
Already shipped mine back to lg for a warranty replacement so im going to see how that goes if not then im probably just going to go sprint, or att contract and just get a better device! I had problems with my zte warp, got my refund back, went to a boost store and got the marquee. Constant reboots, and turns off when on charger and doesn't charge at all! Boost store wont give me a refund or a exchange called boost mobile and they say i have to go to lg, lg says that boost store and boost are lying SOB and that if they don't give you a new device or refund back you need to sue them ASAP.....yea i know how that goes, so i sent it to lg to get a replacement marquee. Should get something this friday or saturday i hope! I been in the prepaid game for a while now, and after:

Two motorola triumph
lg esteem
samsung prevail
zte warp
lg marquee

Only thing good about all of that is i was able to get my money back EXCEPT for the marquee! You may pay cheaper but also your paying for what you get in return....Horrible customer service, rushed devices that if taken time on SHOULD have been worthy, no offense but foreign speaking CS rep who have no knowledge and sound like robot reading the scripts they are given, and run around from the stores and business companies that just want your money and when you have problems go "IDK"

If you get a WORKING warp or marquee then ya its worth the money, but if your in my shoes paying extra 30-40 a month for better CS, better devices, and ACTUAL customer services, and not be PHONELESS for week sounds good right about now!

off my rant box and good luck!

so you were having rebooting issues and charging issues with the Marquee.

Upvote 0
My triumph ran good ONCE i installed cm7! To me i feel like a device shouldnt need a custom rom to...WORK! Also my gps on the triumph was garbage! Never worked. A known problem with the triumph is the gps, and the build quality isnt worth the 300 dollar tag price! Warp has better build quality overall looks than the triumph.

The lg esteem, the best phone in the prepaid world right now! Two things you have to consider cause this phone is on METROPCS.......

1. if you have 4g lte in your area...if not then DON'T even consider the lg esteem! Waste of money! 1x is not something you want to be stuck under for data speeds...TRUST!

2. Metro coverage is kinda, well its sucks if you travel. Make sure you live in a good metro coverage area before even thinking about metro. Me in texas metro footprint is pretty good! so what's the problem tex? its the 4g lte footprint that crap! Ok i can go 10 minutes down the road and be stuck to slow 1x data! then keep going on for 5 minutes and have 1 bar of 4g lte! But on metropcs coverage map i SUPPOSE to be surrounded by 4g lte! The 4g lte data speeds are very nice not verizon fast (some have posted speed test getting 40mbs with verizon!) But fast for a cell phone use and your paying half the cost! So if metro has a strong 4g lte coverage and you want a good phone the lg esteem is that! CS is horrible, but better than boost mobile!

The warp is more responsive than the marquee. But using a different launcher solved the jumpiness when going screen to screen. The marquee has a Texas Instrument omap 3630(yes the same as the texas instrument calculator) is pretty decent, the warp second gen scorpion snapdragon processor is snappier. Games played better (not meaning angry birds) on the warp than the marquee. Games like pes 2012, samurai 2, shadowgun, ran with a lil lag on the marquee, while all these games run SMOOTH on the warp. GP riptide wouldn't work on the marquee but runs FLAWLESSLY on the warp!

The marquee screen and build quality is night and day over the warp. Am im saying the warp has bad build quality? Not really, but you can put both of them side by side and see why the marquee is more. The marquee doesn't feel like a prepaid phone, the warp does.

The marquee has a front facing camera 2.0mp but the quality is not what i expected from a 2mp camera. the transform ultra vga front facer looks the same as the marquee so don't think that 2mp going to make a big difference!

All and all the warp and the marquee are not bad phones, its all finding one in working condition. overall i like the marquee over the warp, but if you want a phone for development NEITHER of these phones would even cross your radar! If that's what your seeking the triumph and esteem are what you looking for!

Reactions: jackbquick123
Upvote 0
My triumph ran good ONCE i installed cm7! To me i feel like a device shouldnt need a custom rom to...WORK! Also my gps on the triumph was garbage! Never worked. A known problem with the triumph is the gps, and the build quality isnt worth the 300 dollar tag price! Warp has better build quality overall looks than the triumph.

The lg esteem, the best phone in the prepaid world right now! Two things you have to consider cause this phone is on METROPCS.......

1. if you have 4g lte in your area...if not then DON'T even consider the lg esteem! Waste of money! 1x is not something you want to be stuck under for data speeds...TRUST!

2. Metro coverage is kinda, well its sucks if you travel. Make sure you live in a good metro coverage area before even thinking about metro. Me in texas metro footprint is pretty good! so what's the problem tex? its the 4g lte footprint that crap! Ok i can go 10 minutes down the road and be stuck to slow 1x data! then keep going on for 5 minutes and have 1 bar of 4g lte! But on metropcs coverage map i SUPPOSE to be surrounded by 4g lte! The 4g lte data speeds are very nice not verizon fast (some have posted speed test getting 40mbs with verizon!) But fast for a cell phone use and your paying half the cost! So if metro has a strong 4g lte coverage and you want a good phone the lg esteem is that! CS is horrible, but better than boost mobile!

The warp is more responsive than the marquee. But using a different launcher solved the jumpiness when going screen to screen. The marquee has a Texas Instrument omap 3630(yes the same as the texas instrument calculator) is pretty decent, the warp second gen scorpion snapdragon processor is snappier. Games played better (not meaning angry birds) on the warp than the marquee. Games like pes 2012, samurai 2, shadowgun, ran with a lil lag on the marquee, while all these games run SMOOTH on the warp. GP riptide wouldn't work on the marquee but runs FLAWLESSLY on the warp!

The marquee screen and build quality is night and day over the warp. Am im saying the warp has bad build quality? Not really, but you can put both of them side by side and see why the marquee is more. The marquee doesn't feel like a prepaid phone, the warp does.

The marquee has a front facing camera 2.0mp but the quality is not what i expected from a 2mp camera. the transform ultra vga front facer looks the same as the marquee so don't think that 2mp going to make a big difference!

All and all the warp and the marquee are not bad phones, its all finding one in working condition. overall i like the marquee over the warp, but if you want a phone for development NEITHER of these phones would even cross your radar! If that's what your seeking the triumph and esteem are what you looking for!

thanks for the reply!! i got the warp almost two weeks ago, a few days ago i started experiencing the rebooting alot! the thing that bothered me the most with that is its rebooting during my phone calls....i can't exchanged it because bb hasn't had it in stock since i bought it. the things i like about the triumph is the camera quality, speaker volume , and the Warranty that VM offers. we don't have metro here unfortunately :(. and again thanks.l!

Upvote 0
I enjoy my Marque.. have had it almost a month now. As far as cons go for me.. I would say it was slow until I rooted it and removed bloatware. Though once a better rom comes along as |Monster| was saying that should make it a lot better. Another thing I notice is that Now and again I have issues with my status/notification pull down bar crashing and then having to restart. I am hoping this could possibly be fixed with a new rom as well but, I am not sure if that is just something defective on my device. I also agree as far as battery power goes.. I thing 1500mAh is a little to moderate and thnk they could have went with a 2000mAh battery. I ordered an 1800mAh battery and hope it helps, if not at least I have to batteries to trade out. As a long time prepaid boost customer I always recommend the extra $5/mo. for insurance. Especially on more expensive devices. If something happens, it is only $100for a replacement. Other than those few minor things I really like this phone.

Reactions: kevindroid
Upvote 0
I was told by arusion that insurance is 100 for the lg marquee? How are you getting it for 35?
Thanks for pointing that out to me.. I just checked that out. I was told on the phone by a rep that was how much my deductible was. I went from the Samsung Rant to the LG Marquee and only thing I can think of is that is where got my info from. I am sure it is $100. I kinda figured it was to good to be true, lol.

Upvote 0
I came to Boost from Virgin Mobile for the Marquee. I agree with everyone about the phone being slow/laggy and having a bad battery life. Mine is dead in maybe 6-8 hours with light use. That's ridiculous. If it would have a better battery, I would like it a lot more and put up with the slower feeling processor speed. There are some screen responsiveness issues but again, would deal with it if it weren't for the battery. I was wondering if it was just my phone since a lot of other people / reviews seem to love theirs and don't all mention the battery. I am exchanging mine to see if it helps. I noticed that cell standby and time without a signal seem to be pretty high under battery usage, so I am wondering if the phone was built badly, and that is the issue.

I would say it was slow until I rooted it and removed bloatware. Though once a better rom comes along as |Monster| was saying that should make it a lot better.

I also agree as far as battery power goes.. I thing 1500mAh is a little to moderate and thnk they could have went with a 2000mAh battery. I ordered an 1800mAh battery and hope it helps, if not at least I have to batteries to trade out.

I haven't rooted a phone before but maybe I should try this. Which bloatware did you remove from the Marquee to make it faster? Any recommendations of where to look for a guide or instructions for simple rooting and removing bloatware? (I saw a subforum here for rooting the Marquee, but wasn't sure if there's a better guide somewhere. Also...sorry for all the questions, but would rooting the phone wipe all my info and apps?) Please post if the extended battery helps. I was thinking of trying that too, but wasn't sure...does that make the battery not fit, and then I need to search for a new back cover?

ETA: I also noticed that my web speed on Boost is a lot slower than with Virgin. Don't know if it is like that in general though, or if it's the phone. I assumed it would be the same since they have the same parent company.

Upvote 0
ETA: I also noticed that my web speed on Boost is a lot slower than with Virgin. Don't know if it is like that in general though, or if it's the phone. I assumed it would be the same since they have the same parent company.

first things i got rid of were mobile id and boost zone. Then email and browser because i use different apps. Theres a bunch that can be removed if you never use them, such as live wallpapers.

boost is the same as sprint, if you are getting bad speeds (root first) then look into these: v6 supercharger, 3g turbocharger, 4g vocoder, and updating your PRL.

Upvote 0
first things i got rid of were mobile id and boost zone. Then email and browser because i use different apps. Theres a bunch that can be removed if you never use them, such as live wallpapers.

boost is the same as sprint, if you are getting bad speeds (root first) then look into these: v6 supercharger, 3g turbocharger, 4g vocoder, and updating your PRL.
Thank you. If I remove mobile ID, am I able to put a new icon in its place on the dock on the homescreen? I have been using launcher pro because having it there is annoying.

Upvote 0

My speeds got much fastest when I switched over. I even got better service everywhere, even 450 miles away when I visit my gf.

Upvote 0
I bought the Marquee as my first Android phone. I came from a clamshell and I haven't activated my Marquee through Boost. I'm just using it as a multimedia device for the time being so I can get the feel of a smartphone if I will even like it or not. After the first few days I can honestly say that I really enjoy the experience that a nice mobile OS provides and what you can do with it. However I have a few issues with this particular phone.

The phone is incredibly slow. You can use an app called SystemPanel which monitors the cpu usage of running apps to verify if anything is slowing it down. BoostZone and Mobile ID do not take any cpu % usage in the state that I'm in since the phone isn't activated. Perhaps once you have it activated and running on the network then it may be different. The sad thing is that even with it being off the network, it runs horribly slow even when there are no apps using up the cpu.

I've disabled all Syncing and Notifications yet the phone in general is very sluggish. I've tried all the browsers out there and Opera Mini appears to be the only good one since it doesn't run Flash and only loads the images when you hover over them. Once you scroll beyond the image then it takes it out of memory. It appears much faster than Dolphin Mini as well. The regular versions of the browsers load the entire page including flash and images which greatly slow it down although they give you a much better browsing experience. You can't do that by default using the Marquee because it's just a slow phone.

I am by no means picky or anything, but this is the first droid phone I've actually owned and I will most certainly be returning it. It diffidently is not up to my expectations of what a smartphone is supposed to be. When I goto the big stores and use the dual core phones on T-Mobile like Lg 2gx or Sensation, it's a world of a difference compared to this single core phone.

I guess I wanted to give Boost a shot since they have the potential of $40 a month for unlimited everything. Although I am looking into the idea of using certain Sprint phones on Boost network like the HTC Evo.

Upvote 0
I'm glad you brought that up. I think it could be the processor being unoptimised. At another forum, someone said it was bad gpu drivers which makes lots of sense to me. If you're into PC gaming and a game is unoptimised for your processor or you have bad gpu drivers, you get effects like this.

On another note, I went in best buy and tried the Note. That's the fastest phone I've ever held. I seriously almost signed up for a contract. I go to sleep at nights thinking about it

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones