• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Any kind of sound to warn the battery is dying?

sol1983

Lurker
Feb 6, 2011
Sorry if anyone has asked this question, but is there anyway that the indulge can make some sort of noise to warn that the battery is dying. Every phone metropcs phone I've had(any company actually) makes some sort of warning noise. Mine doesnt it just shuts off. It could be awhile before I even notice the phone is dead. It is rooted and i have the display at the lowest settings, gps/wi-fi/bluetooth off.

How would the sound help?
it's an example of a false security. The sound, beside the fact that it's annoying and cones on usually at the most inopportune times, only helps kill off the battery faster by using it over and over. (Some don't even obey the silent switch on the phone!)
If your phone is dying, you'll plug it in. Simply because people usually plug in their smartphones when near a power outlet. Should you need to make an emergency phone call, I've noticed that usually, the phone can be powered back on for about 5 minutes after it shuts off due to low battery.
I agree it's not cool to have a dead phone in one's pocket, but I fear I know not of a good alternative at the moment.

Upvote 0
Reason why i was asking is cause i can be at home with my 2 small kids and since i dont use the phone that much not notice the battery is dead, so i have my whole family worried something has happened. the noise doesnt bother me at all. I was just wondering if there was an option for someone who did need it.

Upvote 0
Nice to know that this forum serves as a way to make people feel stupid. with 2 babies and housework i dont always remember to plug it in. but thanks for the help:mad:

Please dnt feel stupid, I'm sure he didnt mean anything by it. Everyone here is very nice and helpful, I knw at times some ppl may come off as being negative and may even make some feel bad but please dnt ever hesitate to ask any questions no matter what and I'm sure someone will be able to help you. Check this link out and I hope it helps ya ; )

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.larryvgs.battery&feature=search_result

Upvote 0
Reactions: Kaiser17
Upvote 0
you know sometimes the smart ones are a little to close the problem and instead of being helpful they come off as jerks.

Just give the lady what she wants, geez..

Try this one seems like it has what you need:

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.rollerbush.batteryminder&feature=search_result

from a "senior member" no less....

Edit: My Optimus M actually "honks or beeps" when it gets to 20 percent. and pop-ups a window informing me to plug in. Dont know if Indulge does that or not..

The indulge pops up a window if the screen is on when it gets to 15% and 10% and at 5% it dims the lights completely but no beeps or noises.

Upvote 0
I assure you I meant no harm with what I said. I don't take pleasure in bashing others, or making them feel any less than I am. We all started out with a blank slate in life. Such behavior would be entirely against my philosophy in life. So to clear the air, if I've offended anyone, do accept this as an apology.
the indulge pops up a warning, but does not make a sound. That is all I've said
And in the spirit of continuing the discussion, to help find a customized solution to the problem, I queried for more information. Not to make anyone feel stupid.
I can only try to help. And love doing so. But please do realize that I'm not paid to do this, and am only helping out because I care, and feel a need to pay the help I've received forward.
Please do read my posts again, on this or any other thread. And you'll see that rudeness or making someone feel stupid "for kicks" is far from what I do around here.
Thanks for sticking up for me, Shatterproof.

Upvote 0
How would the sound help?
it's an example of a false security. The sound, beside the fact that it's annoying and cones on usually at the most inopportune times, only helps kill off the battery faster by using it over and over. (Some don't even obey the silent switch on the phone!)
If your phone is dying, you'll plug it in. Simply because people usually plug in their smartphones when near a power outlet. Should you need to make an emergency phone call, I've noticed that usually, the phone can be powered back on for about 5 minutes after it shuts off due to low battery.
I agree it's not cool to have a dead phone in one's pocket, but I fear I know not of a good alternative at the moment.

Be that as it may, i can think of plenty of times that it might come in handy. My phone beeps at 15% 10% and 5%... i would hate it if it didnt warn me at all, not to mention i dont wanna have to charge my phone ALL the time. On top of that, no matter the circumstances, if i were to grab my phone to make a call important or not i would be seriously aggravated to find it completely dead... what if it was an emergency?
What if a significant other had been trying to get a hold of me for hours, worried sick?

We like to foster atmosphere of helpfulness and friendliness here. I can see being curious as to why someone is asking something but we must be careful to not make it feel like we are interrogating and/or talking down to anyone:)

Nice to know that this forum serves as a way to make people feel stupid. with 2 babies and housework i dont always remember to plug it in. but thanks for the help:mad:

My apologies on behalf of the forum, misunderstandings do unfortunately happen, things are taken out of context, responses typed in haste can come off as unhelpful and rude.... not saying this was any of that cause I can't speak for anyone but myself. Just throwing it out there.....

Reactions: tiede
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones