any Matte screen protector available

Last Updated:

1. willymcd

willymcd Member This Topic's Starter

Just wondering if anyone has found a good matte screen protector for their N1? Right now I am thinking of getting a matte protector for a notebook and cutting custom one out.

Advertisement
  2. laughter95

laughter95 Well-Known Member

search dcmugen on ebay.

reviews on his products are all over many different forums, even in singapore.

3. wmm

wmm Well-Known Member

Boxwave just introduced their screen protectors for the Nexus One yesterday. They have a clear one and one that's anti-glare. I've never used one of the Boxwave products, but they've always been highly reviewed when I was researching protectors for my previous PDAs and phones.

4. damchi

damchi Member

Brando just started selling N1 protectors a couple of days ago. They have a matte/anti-glare, as well as an "Ultra clear" model.

5. MKeditor

MKeditor Well-Known Member

I just ordered an invisible sheild.

6. konman795

konman795 Well-Known Member

you're going to be disappointed!

7. *rizzo

*rizzo Active Member

just bought a boxwave one. will report back when it arrives hopefully it is better than the invisible shield

8. jodaboda

jodaboda Well-Known Member

I wasn't sure when Boxwave was going to release theirs, so I went ahead and bought one on ebay (DOH!). It's the silicone-backed reusable type. If it sucks, I'll get the boxwave. If it rocks, I'll post back.

I recommend Boxwave off-the-bat, if you're looking.

9. Dendore

Dendore Well-Known Member

Whys that. I got one too.

10. AF9210

AF9210 New Member

11. DellyBelly

DellyBelly Well-Known Member

I'm a bit dissapointed i suppose because of the sloppy installation process for this; but once it's on it's not that bad with the exception of the back connecting flaps.

It's the same exact look (if not thinner) than the old iphone ones and it's really a matter of taste, protects my phone and looks "OK".

12. konman795

Just to let everyone know, I have been purchasing Zagg's invisible shield products for literally everything I own since before they were even called "Zagg's" and I liked all of them. However, the N1 shield cutout was a complete disappointment. They made many un-necessary cuts and the one thing that completely sucked was that the bottom pieces near the connectors were horribly cut and mine didn't even fit correctly. I got a Phantom Skin on my N1 now and it's seriously ALOT better than Zagg's offering. I returned my Zagg skin with no problems even after using it so their customer service is still top notch.

13. DellyBelly

DellyBelly Well-Known Member

You have any screenies of it on? I may switch over if it's a lot better. Also, my flaps on the leads are fine (Very small margin of error though) but i could see that being really annoying.

14. MKeditor

MKeditor Well-Known Member

You are correct. It installed fine and is going a great job protecting the screen. ...but navigation is more difficult. Especially frustrating is using the back, menu and home keys. I have punch them hard and usually I still don't get it the first time. I will most likely remove it.

15. *rizzo

*rizzo Active Member

yo yo, just received the boxwave anti-glare screen protector today. slapped it on with no problems, no bubbles, and best of all you dont need to apply water. if you value your screen, its definitely worth the $13. no problems with touch at all. works good.

16. damchi

damchi Member

I received Brando's anti-glare protector today. It's a perfect fit, even has a little hole in the top left corner where the proximity & light sensors are. However... It makes the screen look like sh*t, everything is "grainy" or "foggy". I can barely read my email (using the stock gmail client). I've always been a fan of Brando's screen protectors, ever since I bought one for my Axim X5 in.. what? 2003 or so... and their "Ultra-clear" protectors are still great (i put one on my wife's Magic and you can't tell it's there), but their anti-glare ones are pretty much useless on the N1 or similar phones :S

17. konman795

Brando has electrolytes!

18. Bob Loblaw1

Bob Loblaw1 Well-Known Member

I've got Seidios Ultimate Skin guard and I love it. I tried the Zagg one and didn't like it AT ALL.

19. jblazea50

jblazea50 Well-Known Member

i just installed the Zagg full body yesterday; this is my first time ever trying one of these invisible shields; i had ordered the Zagg prior to reading some of these threads suggesting Phantom Skins works better than Zagg;

i think i did a pretty good job of installing the Zagg and it isn't all too bad at all; one problem i have is the way the bottom is cut; both bottom corners aren't covered at all, which doesn't make sense as those are the places scratches probably occurs most of the time; i also think some of the pieces needed to be wider/longer as some parts of the phone isn't covered

as for functionality, it works great; haven't had any issues with the touch screen

20. n8wood

n8wood Member

I ordered the Boxwave anti-glare one and was quite disappointed. It went on fine, but it added a somewhat pixelated effect to the screen. In areas where the screen was a solid color, you could almost notice the individual pixels.

I promptly removed it, and it wasn't cheap either.

21. jblazea50

jblazea50 Well-Known Member

you could try Phantom Skinz, they have 33% off until Feb 28 (i think the promo code is Winter33)

22. rob61280

rob61280 Member

Just a quick heads up I've always been a fan of antiglare screen protectors. I've got a good quality one fitted but they are just not a good match to the N1's screen. It looks murky I will leave it on until the ultra clear one I've ordered arrives. But I wouldnt recommend mat or ag screen protectors for the n1.

23. wmm

wmm Well-Known Member

I'm using a hacked Power Support antiglare protector for the iPod Touch. I noticed just a little of the "color speckles" effect when I first put it on, but I don't notice it at all now. The screen still looks gorgeous to me.

The main reasons I'm using a screen protector are to diffuse the reflections and reduce the fingerprint smearing, both of which really bothered me the first week I had the phone. A clear, shiny screen protector wouldn't help those at all, so if I couldn't stand the (extremely minor, in my eyes) image degradation from the antiglare matte finish, I wouldn't bother with a screen protector at all.

24. boxwave

boxwave New Member

Our Crystal is extremely clear. I've attached a picture. Its glass smooth to the touch and does not distort the Nexus Ones beautiful display! I recommend getting the Crystal for the Nexus One

Sorry the picture is blurry, I was using a Palm Pre.

If you search the Palm Pre forums you'll find lots of info on our ClearTouch Crystal.

Good luck on your search!

Attached Files:

25. seeking

seeking Well-Known Member

I have the boxwave anti-glare and its horrible. I still get glare, your finger doesnt "glide" over the screen anymore, and the crisp picture of our screens is ruined. The only reason i havent taken mine off and thrown it away is because ive been too lazy to find a better product.

i highly suggest to NOT get a boxwave antiglare screen protector

/I will give the crystal clear a try though as everything else about the boxwave was great