• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Any music player that keeps screen on?

JnEricsonx

Android Enthusiast
Jun 1, 2011
I really don't get it. Is it so hard to put in a option for a music player that keeps the screen on while its running? I mean, when you're running Youtube it doesnt shut the screen off, not sure if Pandora or Slacker do, I can't remember. I just dont want to have to change screen off time settings constantly, and at the same time, I dont want to stress the power button by having to use it constantly too. Any suggestions?

Nobody does it because it causes unnecessary battery drain. Its almost next to useless, possibly being worse than useless. The screen is one of the biggest battery drains on a device and listening to music uses comparatively very little. Youtube doesn't because your watching a video (keeping the screen on sort of important for that bit) and Pandora and Slacker allow the screen to turn off, I guarantee it. All your going to do is effectively bring your battery life down to a few hours.

But as for your question, Meridian Player has this feature, and before Google Music, it was my favorite music player 2 years ago.

Upvote 0
The app I developed, Music Player (Remix), has this option. Specifically you have the following configuration choices:

1) Do not keep the screen on
2) Keep the screen on while the app is open
3) Keep the screen on while the app is open, but only if the device is charging (which is what I use on my phone!)

You can find the 14-day free trial version here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.hedami.mprtrial

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones