Any music/video players that recognize internal storage?General

Last Updated:

1. winstonoboogie

winstonoboogie Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Are there any video or music player apps that are capable of recognizing media on the internal storage? I know that the HTC players can do it, but I'm looking for something with a few more features. I've tried mixzing, Act 1, and cubed (aka RockOn), but they each can only see files on SD cards. There does not seem to be a way to tell the apps to look in the /emmc directory. I'm new to Android so maybe it's just a matter of developers updating their apps for the Incredible?

I was thinking, alternatively, is there a way to create a symbolic link with an app like Astro to make the files *appear* like they're on the SD card?

Tips are welcome. Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. mozetti

mozetti Well-Known Member

As far as I know, nothing other than the stock HTC programs can see the internal storage right now. That's why other programs (not music) have to store their settings on the SD card, too. That is supposed to be fixed in an update, but not sure which one or when it will happen.

3. rushmore

rushmore Well-Known Member

Astro can write to it, so apps can see it :)

4. Opivyattack

Opivyattack Well-Known Member

I would like to know how HTC is able to recognize this while the others are not. Clearly it is possible but the information has not been released for whatever reason. I emailed the Dev of Cubed/3/RockOn and he told me that he is aware of it and working on a fix but the API is not set up for that right now. I'm hoping that this is fixed sooner than later so that I can use his program again.

5. NYC Coyote

NYC Coyote Well-Known Member

YXFlash can read it....

But its pretty much just a file browser that can play anything (including xvid and divx)

It's 10 dollars though....otherwise you can only play 2 min of a video with it.

If you buy it let us know how it goes

6. HoochieCoo

HoochieCoo Well-Known Member

Old thread, but...

This problem pretty much sucks. Photos and videos go to internal storage, yet nothing except HTC apps can see it. Never mind music. Nice to have all this internal storage that no one else can use. So no-go for UPnP apps, alternative music players, etc...

Is there a way to change the camera & video to store on the SD card? Seems to me it did for me at some point, but I could have been imagining that.

7. waxlrose

waxlrose Well-Known Member

Is this true for all Android phones or just HTC phones?

8. weihl165

weihl165 Well-Known Member

Yes you can change it to the sd card, It's in camera settings, under storage

HoochieCoo likes this.
  9. clipperqb

clipperqb Well-Known Member

MixZing can use internal storage for music.

10. varkie

varkie Well-Known Member

I use Mixzing, have the paid version, as it not only reads the internal storage it also can download cover art. Though there is no option to look for alternates of what it downloads but it is fairly accurate. Unfortunately none of the albumart grabbers I know of can read internal storage, and I've tried just about all of them.

11. FramCire

FramCire Well-Known Member

Mixzing Free also can use internal memory.

Power AMP currently does not but I was told by their support person that 2.0 should be able to use internal memory. Good thing because I bought the app thinking it could do it already (my mistake not theirs)

12. cp1

cp1 Well-Known Member

As others said, the free version of mixzing can.

13. question729

question729 Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if it was true when this thread was made, but Act 1 uses internal storage as well.

14. FramCire

FramCire Well-Known Member

oh the great irony that doubletwist can sync to internal memory yet doubletwist player cant see it.

15. hrbib21

hrbib21 Well-Known Member

I use Poweramp and all of my music is in internal storage. None is stored on the SD card.