• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Any Mytouch users moving....

BiGMERF

Extreme Android User
Dec 2, 2009
Florida
www.google.com
Any of my fellow Mytouch users plan on moving over to the nexus? Or are you gonna wait and see what happens with an update for the Mytouch? I think Im gonna wait and see how the nexus is reviewed by those that are getting it. I already got burnt with the Mytouch! the phone is so laggy and buggy that Im afraid to invest in another right now. The constant force closures are just to much for me to even think of getting another android just yet.

nope - there's something wrong with the plan you have to sign up for to get it at the $179 price

-- the $179 price includes a contract that absolutely sucks - $79.95 for 500 minutes, unlimited text & data. And that's a one phone line contract.

Basically it's the Even More plan, limited to 500 minutes for $49.95 and unlimited text & data for $30 more. i called in, thinking i could work something as i'm not under contract and have two lines under their "customer loyality plan", ie $88 unlimited for the two lines - was hoping i could move the plan they offerring to unlimited talk which is $59 and the $30 for data - nope, i'd have to take that 500 min contract or nothing and there's no way i could keep talk under 500 minutes - that plan is totally counterproductive to their goal, if their goal is to attract customers -

- the sales rep actually said, right off the bat, it'd be cheaper to buy the phone outright at $530 - which definitely it is

and assuming i could sell the MT3G for $200, it's still not worth $340+ shipping to upgrade, for me at least

Upvote 0
I can't recall a force close on my MyTouch ... so others may have conflicting apps, Desktop replacements, and Widgets that are not playing nice together...

Similar to justjimjpc, I have not encountered any bizarre events nor incompatibility issues. However, if I were you, I would return it and get the latest and the greatest while you have 14 days return policy still available.
I personally think MyTouch3G is the best looking of all android phones out there and that's the main reason why I got mine over others including Droid.

Upvote 0
Similar to justjimjpc, I have not encountered any bizarre events nor incompatibility issues. However, if I were you, I would return it and get the latest and the greatest while you have 14 days return policy still available.
I personally think MyTouch3G is the best looking of all android phones out there and that's the main reason why I got mine over others including Droid.

I got mine (new) on Craigslist for a pretty good price without a contract so no return policy for me. I can't afford to shell out $530 for a phone but can hand out $175 for one (that's what I paid). Like the other user mentioned before I also have the unlimited minutes loyalty plan for myself and my wife for $89/mo and there's no way I can stay under 500 min/mo without having a home phone.

Upvote 0

I can't recall a force close on my MyTouch ... so others may have conflicting apps, Desktop replacements, and Widgets that are not playing nice together...

I have yet to have force close problems either...

Upvote 0
smart phone and mytouch do not belong in the same sentence. considering putting the sim back in my edge iphone. any 3g speed gain is lost just hitting the home button and trying to slide to the next screen and wait.... and wait.... and freaking wait.

Who in the mix has something to gain in getting 2.1 on the MT3g? T-mobile? They don't care. Google? has their own phone they sell direct now...

Upvote 0
I've thought about it but the fact is, I really like my MyTouch. I like the way it works and how it looks (nice and curvy and sleek). There are constantly new devices coming out and just about the time you get the latest and greatest, someone else announces something new and exciting. I'm sticking with the MT3G for now and enjoying the experience. As for the force closes, I get those from time to time but it's usually due to something you installed. I try to just uninstall those things as I find them. Right now I'm experiencing one that I can't quite figure out but I will eventually. I'm really enjoying my MT3G. :)

Upvote 0
I have had my phone (mytouch3g) for a few weeks and have not had any major problems, sure there are something that I wish were different. but I have learned that no matter what phone you have there are always going to be pros and cons.

At times I think people want to run 100 apps and have the fastest super phone and I really hate to be the harbinger of distress but if you are really looking for some super power house perhaps you should really be looking into a laptop and not a phone.

Also, the above was not aimed at any poster :D

Upvote 0
The phone/OS has some serious bugs. My biggest fear about this phone has come true. Nobody has a vested long term interest in updating it. I thought my 1st gen iphone was laggy. Apple has come out with the appropriate updates and the phone works damn near perfect compared to Any version of android and any hardware, The MT3G just seems to be affected more IMO.

IMO, this phone will be sitting in a drawer of FAIL PHONES doing nothing in about 6 months when I can't handle it anymore and move on. I got spoiled by the iphone and the amazing competence in the hacking community.

Upvote 0
The phone/OS has some serious bugs. My biggest fear about this phone has come true. Nobody has a vested long term interest in updating it. I thought my 1st gen iphone was laggy. Apple has come out with the appropriate updates and the phone works damn near perfect compared to Any version of android and any hardware, The MT3G just seems to be affected more IMO.

IMO, this phone will be sitting in a drawer of FAIL PHONES doing nothing in about 6 months when I can't handle it anymore and move on. I got spoiled by the iphone and the amazing competence in the hacking community.

sponge are you my brother?!! lmao. i feel the same way

Upvote 0
No random FCs over here, either.

Merf, your situation isn't typical. You probably have too many apps, and some of them are conflicting. I.E. it ain't the phone.

I don't buy the "too many apps", I have over 200 on a MT3G and other than running kinda slow I have no issues. I would start removing apps that you installed around the time the problems started until you find the source.

Upvote 0
What i dont get is i always see the Same people talking about how bad the phone is, why dont you sell it on ebay and get something you want? Didnt you have 14days to return it?? i had mine for about 6 days now and nothing bad so far in it. If it does go bad guess what i still have my BB ill go back to that and you will see my phone on ebay. Also did you get the phone thinking one day it was going to get an update? or did you buy it because of what it could do at the moment? So far i like it. Once i decide to root will shall see how it goes...

Upvote 0
What i dont get is i always see the Same people talking about how bad the phone is, why dont you sell it on ebay and get something you want? Didnt you have 14days to return it?? i had mine for about 6 days now and nothing bad so far in it. If it does go bad guess what i still have my BB ill go back to that and you will see my phone on ebay. Also did you get the phone thinking one day it was going to get an update? or did you buy it because of what it could do at the moment? So far i like it. Once i decide to root will shall see how it goes...

My reason for going with the MT3G was it ran android and it had 3g. Thats it. If I could run the iphone on T-Mobile 3g I would have.

My biggest problem is I was using 3 iphone on edge with t-mobile and switched 1 to the MT3G. Doing so revamped my plan and now costs me ~$40 more.

I refuse to ever go back to ATT aka (hell), So the mytouch 3g is really my only option. none of the other devices have google maps on t-mobile.

When you come from a device what worked very well, it is hard to downgrade and I think if the the return policy was 30 days, I would have taken mine back. During the 2 weeks I was just getting used to Android and hoping I would like it better.

If you came from a BB or a Palm, you'll probably really like the MT3G.

Not trying to be a downer, just call things like they are.

Upvote 0
My reason for going with the MT3G was it ran android and it had 3g. Thats it. If I could run the iphone on T-Mobile 3g I would have.

My biggest problem is I was using 3 iphone on edge with t-mobile and switched 1 to the MT3G. Doing so revamped my plan and now costs me ~$40 more.

I refuse to ever go back to ATT aka (hell), So the mytouch 3g is really my only option. none of the other devices have google maps on t-mobile.

When you come from a device what worked very well, it is hard to downgrade and I think if the the return policy was 30 days, I would have taken mine back. During the 2 weeks I was just getting used to Android and hoping I would like it better.

If you came from a BB or a Palm, you'll probably really like the MT3G.

Not trying to be a downer, just call things like they are.

very nicely said.. i feel the same way.. if it would have 30 days. back it would have went

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones