• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Any new features from 2.3.4 gingerbread to ics 4.0.3

Does this mean I can disable Vlingo and pick another app to open on double click on the home button/when I use my bluetooth headset?

Please let it be so :p

I think so. I haven't used it much as I have the GNex and the only bloat was MyVZW which I actually use. I tested by disabling the stock browser and my phone didn't go up in smoke, so that's a good thing. I am also not sure if the carriers will have the option of disabling the disabling of apps feature.

Reactions: matttye
Upvote 0
I think so. I haven't used it much as I have the GNex and the only bloat was MyVZW which I actually use. I tested by disabling the stock browser and my phone didn't go up in smoke, so that's a good thing. I am also not sure if the carriers will have the option of disabling the disabling of apps feature.

Kinda defeats the point of having it if they do. Let's hope they don't have option.

Cheers

Upvote 0
just open the browser and hit the menu>desktop view>check on it.

If you read my original question I didn't ask how you do this, I asked if it has the option to permanently change web browsing to desktop pages only, key word being permanently

I haven't flashed the official ics yet so that's why im asking

Can you tell me if option for desktop is permanent for all web pages or does it just change the particular page your on?

Upvote 0
If you read my original question I didn't ask how you do this, I asked if it has the option to permanently change web browsing to desktop pages only, key word being permanently

I haven't flashed the official ics yet so that's why im asking

Can you tell me if option for desktop is permanent for all web pages or does it just change the particular page your on?

YUP it is pemanent on all browser as long as you put a check on the box section.

Upvote 0
Hi.

Can you tell me if you can turn off the animation as the screen rotates from landscape to portrait and vice versa? I've not got the update yet as waiting for it via kies for my unlocked, unrooted uk s2 but I've seen videos of it on you tube.

Also can you tell me if there are any overheating issues on the official ICS?

As my 2.3.4 shot up to 111 degrees f tonight as it sat on the side charging with no wifi, Bluetooth or games etc running in background!

Hoped 2.3.5 or 2.3.6 would sort these issues but it was never released for unlocked uk phones..

So I'm hoping that ICS will cure this only negative I can say about my wonderful GS2!!

Many thanks!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones