1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Any new phone rumors for Sprint?

1. Orion

Orion Well-Known Member

LOL I read up on that. That would totally suck.
  2. Tommydaniel

Tommydaniel Well-Known Member

ScandaLeX and marctronixx like this.
  3. Orion

Orion Well-Known Member

I'm just throwing it out there for people interested. This thing is probably not coming out till 4th quarter anyway.
  4. Tommydaniel

Haha, oh I know, just giving my opinion :)
    marctronixx likes this.
  5. chrlswltrs

chrlswltrs Well-Known Member

6. drexappeal

drexappeal Well-Known Member

Any specific reason why?
  7. NYCHitman1

NYCHitman1 Gun for Hire Developer

Lol, my bday is in July as well and the misses is getting me my EVO LTE for it. Sugar mama ftw! :rock:

I'm just going to have to call in to have my contract bought out a week or two before my bday.
  8. Tommydaniel

Their support, their cameras aren't up to par, their UI seems to lag even when the phone has the hardware not to. etc. etc. etc. ha
    ORD84, Orion, NYCHitman1 and 2 others like this.
  9. drexappeal

Thanks. Just wanted to get some feedback on that, especially for those new folks that may join and aren't familiar with LG.
  10. NYCHitman1

LG = joke.
  11. mak916

mak916 Well-Known Member

I think LG phones are good for people who don't know much about Android and don't need all the bells and whistles on a phone. Both my brother and brother in law have the Optimus S. The phone works good for them. They just need a phone with a few good apps. Android has different phones for different people. That said, I don't know if I would ever buy an LG phone. But I have learned, never say never.
    la sal likes this.
  12. drexappeal

I can appreciate that some of you are diehard for certain manufacturers, but it'd probably be a little more helpful for others to have a little more concrete information as to why you feel the way you do.

I personally have only had experience with the Optimus S and it was much better of an experience than I thought it would be. Granted, it wasn't my primary device, but it was still a decent phone.
    falconey and la sal like this.
  13. mak916

mak916 Well-Known Member

I was a die hard HTC fan until I got a taste of the Photon.
    ScandaLeX, marctronixx and drexappeal like this.
  14. Orion

Orion Well-Known Member

I never had an LG Android phone but only heard horror stories about them.
    NYCHitman1 likes this.
  15. mak916

mak916 Well-Known Member

The only horror story I've heard personally was from my brother. It seems that Sprint had sent out a Gingerbread update for the optimus a while back and it messed up his phone. He had to take it in and have them reflash it. As you probably know Sprint cancelled that update. To this day they are still on Froyo. So I can see the lack of support for that phone at least. But the phone does work good on Android 2.1.
    ORD84 and drexappeal like this.
  16. chrlswltrs

chrlswltrs Well-Known Member

I personally would rather try an LG phone than use HTC again. I have never used an HTC phone that didn't lag, and I HATE Sense. I don't want to take any chances like the HTC One X on AT&T that doesn't have an unlocked bootloader.
  17. drexappeal

Didn't they already say that the LTEvo already comes with an unlocked bootloader, unlike the One X?
    BenChase7 likes this.
  18. NYCHitman1

Doesn't really have much to do with being a fan of another OEM. LG just makes a crappy product. I had very poor experiences w/ the old lady's Optimus S.
    drexappeal likes this.
  19. BenChase7

BenChase7 VIP Member VIP Member

20. NYCHitman1

HTC unlock really isn't the same though. I'm hoping that some devs will get to work on that full s-off ASAP once they get their hands on the device.
    chrlswltrs likes this.
  21. drexappeal

Thanks for this clarification. It'll allow people to get a better understanding (if they haven't experienced other manufacturers). Making a blind statement without explanation just gives the impression that it's more about being a "fan" of a particular brand, than really having reasons why there's a preference.

Just to give an example, I've had horrible experiences (in the past) with Samsung and their support (or lack thereof). With the success of the SGS 2 and Galaxy Note, it seems that they stepped up their game as far as support is concerned, but that past history just makes me hesitate to consider them. Others didn't have a negative experience. I didn't really have the same bad experience with LG, but it does seem that others have had the same experience as you.
  22. NYCHitman1

There was constant lag that took place from swiping screen to screen. I initially thought that maybe the phone was a dud, so I had it replaced and the same issue persisted even on the newer device. I rooted it and slapped CM7 on it, which alleviated some of the issues, but the phone just isn't up on par spec wise. I ended up just giving her my OG EVO once I upgraded to the 3D. She will not be getting my 3VO when I get the EVO LTE though. I took too much good care of my baby for her to go and just break it on day one lol.
    drexappeal likes this.
  23. JAJameson2010

JAJameson2010 Well-Known Member

Does anyone know if Sprint will ever carry the Samsung Note?