• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Any new phone rumors for Sprint?

If only Samsung would only put in new radios that get good reception. I'm talking CDMA, 3G, WIFI and GPS. I gave Samsung a chance with the Nexus S against my better judgement. This phone sucks. Doesnt get signal for crap and drops calls. Takes minutes to connect to GPS, moving or not. Sometimes it wont even connect to GPS. One thing about HTC is they used awesome radios and rarely if ever dropped a call.

I'm sure the Galaxy Nexus has the same crappy radios that most if not all recent Samsung phones have.

I really want this phone but not sure if being unhappy a few weeks later is worth it.

Upvote 0
Yea, I'm definitely not impressed with Samsung's radios either. My HTC EVO and Palm Pre get great signal where (in the same locations) my Samsung struggles. I want to like Samsung... But, This is why my future phones will be HTC or Motorola.

MOTO,HTC,or LG would be cool w/me.SAMSUNG has had their turn +1 in the NEXUS seat,time for a new,fresh look @ the GOOGLE/ANDROID flagship.

Upvote 0
If only Samsung would only put in new radios that get good reception. I'm talking CDMA, 3G, WIFI and GPS. I gave Samsung a chance with the Nexus S against my better judgement. This phone sucks. Doesnt get signal for crap and drops calls. Takes minutes to connect to GPS, moving or not. Sometimes it wont even connect to GPS. One thing about HTC is they used awesome radios and rarely if ever dropped a call.

I'm sure the Galaxy Nexus has the same crappy radios that most if not all recent Samsung phones have.

I really want this phone but not sure if being unhappy a few weeks later is worth it.

With each new Samsung product I have noticed the radios have gotten better. From the Moment, to the Epic, then the Nexus, and now the Epic Touch. I hear some people having trouble with their GPS on their ET4G but mine locks almost immediately. I rarely have 1 or 3 bars of service, it's always 4 or more.

Maybe I haven't spend enough time with an HTC or Motorola device to see a BIG difference. But then again, I don't want to. Where Samsung may lack some in radios it makes up for in camera quality, battery life, thinness, and screen tech. IMO

Upvote 0
With each new Samsung product I have noticed the radios have gotten better. From the Moment, to the Epic, then the Nexus, and now the Epic Touch. I hear some people having trouble with their GPS on their ET4G but mine locks almost immediately. I rarely have 1 or 3 bars of service, it's always 4 or more.

Maybe I haven't spend enough time with an HTC or Motorola device to see a BIG difference. But then again, I don't want to. Where Samsung may lack some in radios it makes up for in camera quality, battery life, thinness, and screen tech. IMO

Not to knock what you are saying, but aren't they after all, phones? The reception should be top priority. They are communication devices first and foremost. I would never own a Samsung after reading countless numbers of posts/threads about how much the radios are sub par. I understand that all the manufacturers have issues. No denying that.... But a phone really should work as a phone, right?

Upvote 0
Not to knock what you are saying, but aren't they after all, phones? The reception should be top priority. They are communication devices first and foremost. I would never own a Samsung after reading countless numbers of posts/threads about how much the radios are sub par. I understand that all the manufacturers have issues. No denying that.... But a phone really should work as a phone, right?

Mine works as a phone when I need it to though. I have never had such a bad signal that I couldn't make a call or lock on to GPS, ever. I can't even remember the last time I had a dropped call. Sure, the radio may not be as great as Motorola's, but it still works and works great for me. To each their own though.

Upvote 0
I had high hopes for the gnex when I hard they had hired cyanogenmod devs to help with design/software issues. I wish I was comfortable buying a Samsung, but just too many horror stories.

Glad you're one of the lucky ones, though :thumbup:

It does seem Sammy is getting better, the newer iterations of the G2S and the Nexus attest to that. I still don't trust them, however. I really hope Moto brings new phones to Sprint. Yes, Moto's cameras are not as good as those on Samsung phones, but battery life, radios, and call quality are rock solid.

Reactions: BenChase7
Upvote 0
It does seem Sammy is getting better, the newer iterations of the G2S and the Nexus attest to that. I still don't trust them, however. I really hope Moto brings new phones to Sprint. Yes, Moto's cameras are not as good as those on Samsung phones, but battery life, radios, and call quality are rock solid.

One area I think motorola needs to work on is their hardware design.
Motorola needs to bring some elegance to their phone and a more gracefully refined style. To me all their phone have that same robust look. If Samsung start to bring that brush metal look to their phones like the Samsung 7.7 tablet, it will draw more attention.

Upvote 0
I want to like Samsung. I have an NS4G that I really like overall. Unlocking the bootloader is a breeze :D However, in "spotty" areas, our EVO 4G, EVO 3G, and LG Optimus receive more consistent signal/data than my NS4G.

here in Dallas/Ft Worth area.. there are a lot of low/bad areas in coverage.. and my phone must be a phone when i need it. my evo can make calls... never had it not be able to call. this is why i have generally stayed away from samsung.

I really want the galaxy NOTE....hoping they changed the radios in the sprint version. or i will have to wait for a big 5.X inch from HTC or Moto

Reactions: CarrieK
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones