Any new phone rumors for Sprint?

Last Updated:

1. drexappeal

drexappeal Well-Known Member

LG hasn't really offered a superphone for sprint yet. The viper is the closest, but that is more a mid range.

Verizon had the spectrum last year, which was basically the optimus hd and it got decent reviews.

But I agree about support. Support is very important for me, both non-rooted and rooted. Samsung's non-rooted support was awful, prior to the success of the sgs 2, but they seem to be on track after all the success last year with the sgs 2 and note.

2. simcha

simcha Well-Known Member

It looks very tempting.

Sigh, I've planned to get the LTEvo this Saturday and I already got a case and a screen protector on its way from Amazon. But... Gah!!!

Well, I still think that I'll be happy with the LTEvo, even if it's eclipsed! Lol!
  3. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

Optimus g was posted on lg Facebook today labeled "coming soon"
  4. drexappeal

LG Mobile | Facebook

Looks-wise, I actually like that better than LTEvo and the SGS 3. Only question now is if Sprint's version, that already passed through the FCC, will come with all the rumored specs that the Optimus G will have.

One thing that's a 'bit discouraging about LG is their car dock offerings, as they don't really hold up compared to HTC and Motorola. With so much time spent in my car, this is a big factor for me.
  5. drexappeal

Hahaha...just saw this. Remember, it wasn't for me. It was for my family member (and more importantly, to get them away from the iPhone 4S...which they ended up hating compared to Android via the original Epic). They love it and love having a physical keyboard again, so that was pretty much a no brainer to get this one for them, even though the specs aren't quite that "spectacular," it's still worth it to have them on a phone that'll last them for a good amount of time.
  6. drexappeal

Here are the official specs of the Optimus G

7. dan330

dan330 Well-Known Member

^^^^ wow.. if the htc LTevo had these specs..

with a kickstand..
    and htc support..
    win win win!!!
    NYCHitman1 likes this.
  8. simcha

simcha Well-Known Member

Well, I hope I'm not making a mistake getting the LTEvo on Saturday...
  9. dan330

dan330 Well-Known Member

dont stress it.. htc has great support for their top phones. this is very important.

LG.. still have to prove this
    simcha likes this.
  10. drexappeal

I don't think it'll be a mistake, considering your circumstances. Are you a Silver Rewards member at Best Buy or just regular? For Silver members, there's a 45 day return/exchange policy for mobile phones (60 days for other products). The 14 day Sprint upgrade window still applies, regardless of that return/exchange policy from Best Buy, but they may still allow you to exchange if the LG Eclipse releases within that window.

I agree, regarding HTC's history of support vs. LG's. All of the OEM's are capable of making changes for the better, which was evidenced with Samsung's success last year...but HTC will still carry a great reputation from past years.
    simcha likes this.
  11. drexappeal

12. drexappeal

I'm gonna seriously have to consider the Note 2 also:

Samsung officially announces the Samsung Galaxy Note 2

From the few videos I've watched on youtube, it looks like multi-tasking is so easy on that device. Even though the size of the phone really still seems so enormous to me, that device might prevent me from needing a separate tablet at work, especially for meetings when taking notes. Right now, the Note 2 and LG Eclipse seem to be my leading candidates for my last upgrade w/ LTEvo and SGS 3 right behind.

The next couple months are going to be excruciatingly long.
  13. drexappeal

14. drexappeal

15. drexappeal

Now that the iphone is sold, I have money set to be used for the next upgrade. I'm starting to sip on the galaxy note 2 koolaid, even though I still think it's pretty humongous. Still considering the lg eclipse also. Part of me just feels like the note 2 will hold down the fort until I decide which tablet I'll be getting. I'm seriously considering Samsung's windows 8 slate tablets cuz they come with the s-pen and it has keyboard attachment. Also seems poignant cuz the release date for those is my birthday. So, if I go that route, that means I'll likely go with the eclipse, assuming it's the same as the optimus g. Man, I just wish it were the end of october already.
  16. cleanmop3

cleanmop3 Well-Known Member

Use it. I believe major carriers are under contract with apple barring them from releasing any new phones until a year has passed since the release of a new I phone.

Don't take my word as 100% truth, though.
  17. twospirits

twospirits AF's janitor Moderator

They uploaded a new Samsung Note 2 video that showcases all the neat new things the Note 2 does and i am impressed. This device can't come soon enough for me. I love the Note 1 and now loving my Note 10.1, but the note 2 is going to be the trifecta of awesomeness.

18. NYCHitman1

NYCHitman1 Gun for Hire Developer

Patiently awaiting any news regarding the next Nexus phone. <3
    vw-porsche likes this.
  19. Orion

Orion Well-Known Member

Same here.
  20. dan330

dan330 Well-Known Member

yeah.. lots of great features and options... hope i can remember how to do them all.. when i need them :eek:
  21. drexappeal

Saw that last night, but didn't get a chance to watch the whole video. Part of the reason I mentioned the Note 2 being a stronger contender than I originally thought it would be.
  22. drexappeal

Ugh...really wish Sprint would offer a true succesor to the Photon:

New Motorola Phone Is Said to Have Edge-to-Edge Screen - Bloomberg

Razr HD will have edge-to-edge screen?...If that does happen, Motorola is definitely moving in the right steps. I seriously don't understand, after ICS was developed, why there was a need for surrounding bezel...just doesn't make logical sense w/ exception to where the speaker and sensors are at the top and bottom edges of the phones.
  23. PyroSporker

PyroSporker Well-Known Member

I read a little piece a while back that brought up some good points and was overall interesting and sort of against the grain. They don't really speak towards the physical vs. software button issue - which seems like a little different issue.
    They aren't against the idea of less bezel (neither am I), they are just looking at it in a different perspective to see what problems will need to be overcome. While the writing is not great, I like when people try different angles and think through things like this.

Smartphone displays need a bezel. Here's why
    EarlyMon and drexappeal like this.
  24. drexappeal

Att's eclipse hit the fcc. Same dimensions as sprint version, so looks like both might be us version of optimus g.
  25. Orion

Orion Well-Known Member

Interesting. I also read somewhere that the next Nexus is rumored to have and edge to edge screen.