• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Any new phone rumors for Sprint?

Reactions: BenChase7
Upvote 0
I am a big fan of Sprint, because I think they are the least guilty of trying to get more money out of customers with ridiculous rates for subpar service...AT&T, Verizon, and T-Mobile could never be OK for me because I use a lot of data. Streaming, downloading, uploading, sharing things with friends, etc.

While I'm in a very small group of users who uses their smartphones like it is a laptop, but 2GB per month to me is not even worth paying for and would make it hard for me to not let my bill skyrocket.

So personally Sprint for me is the phone company I want to succeed and grow, and I really hope this year they continue getting great phones. But instead of having several 4G phones that just show up I hope they will work on a few specific models and have a couple of flagship phones that stand out.

I dislike their new emphasis on the iPhone, but it can be good for them. If they are going to focus on the iPhone then I hope they will at least do something unique. Maybe they can have the first 4G/LTE iPhone.

The EVO line, which made me fall in love with the world of smartphones is something I hope Sprint keeps alive. HTC's EVO line put them on the map. I hope they will develop a new EVO as impressive as the first, as well as an EVO tablet that can be as impressive as the Galaxy Tab or iPad.

And now that I have an Epic, I'm starting to like Samsung but there are so many to keep track of. Sprint and Samsung should only do two or three high-end phones this year. And Sprint can keep their "Epic" phone line alive this way as well, but they should do something to set Sprint's GS3 apart.

Upvote 0
You can probably expect the next EVO to have those or similar specs but Sprint won't get that exact phone, no.

the htc one x is going to ATT, but instead of getting the quad core processor like the rest of the world, the US will get the dual core snapdragon s4 because of LTE. US takes a back seat, again, smh.

at least the camera is supposed to be unbelieable. my guess is the htc one brand will go to all carriers ala samsung galaxy.

Upvote 0
the htc one x is going to ATT, but instead of getting the quad core processor like the rest of the world, the US will get the dual core snapdragon s4 because of LTE. US takes a back seat, again, smh.

at least the camera is supposed to be unbelieable. my guess is the htc one brand will go to all carriers ala samsung galaxy.

Still waiting on some more real world test and benchmarks. I don't care about the number of cores, just performance. And in the benchmarks thus far. The new S4 is a really nice chip. Also has LTE built in which should give better battery life also.

The Tegra 3 while is has that "quad-core" hype, just hasn't impressed me thus far.

Upvote 0

I am wondering what this means for the Evo line-up. HTC has said they are unifying their phones under the "One" moniker, and that all their carrier partners have agreed not to muck with the naming convention (hence why AT&T's version is just the One X). The One X is also exclusive to AT&T, and the One S is going to T-Mobile.

Where does that leave Sprint and the Evo? Will there be a fourth One phone coming out? Why not announce it with the rest?

Upvote 0
I just saw cnets video of the HTC one in white and I really hope Sprint gets this phone ! It looks good.

I hope so as well, that or something similar to that quad core optimus LG has would be awesome...

I think that Sprint should get one of the ones because it's going to be HTCs flagship device, so I'm thinking it would replace the EVO? Only thing I really don't dig about that phone is the battery size, between that and my experience with HTCs being battery hogs I dunno if I would get it personally, it really is a bummer when you have to recharge your phone seemingly all day...

Upvote 0
I hope so as well, that or something similar to that quad core optimus LG has would be awesome...

I think that Sprint should get one of the ones because it's going to be HTCs flagship device, so I'm thinking it would replace the EVO? Only thing I really don't dig about that phone is the battery size, between that and my experience with HTCs being battery hogs I dunno if I would get it personally, it really is a bummer when you have to recharge your phone seemingly all day...

The HTC One uses Qualcomm's S4 processor so battery life will hopefully be much, much better.

Upvote 0
The way I see it, Sprint really needs to release the Galaxy Nexus ASAP. Rumors are the GS3 is coming at summertime. Add the fact that there might be HTC One variant(EVO?) coming out in between. Let's spread out the goodies Sprint.

Sprint said earlier that April-July(I think July) they are going to be pushing hard.

Upvote 0
Sprint said earlier that April-July(I think July) they are going to be pushing hard.

This makes sense, as they would want any new (and newly revealed) flagship phones to run on their LTE network. Given that Sprint's LTE won't go live until late spring at the earliest, I expect a slew of announcements landing at the same time.

Still curious about Qualcomm's S4 chip in real-world situations.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones