• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Any new phone rumors for Sprint?

I'm not buying anymore android phones with hardware buttons taking up valuable surface area on the face of the phone. with ics you can keep the large screen without adding to the overall size of the phone. also, that thing does not look sexy with the white bezel clawing over the edges.

on most phones/tablets where you can't pull the battery, if you just hold the power button down it will shut off. that's how it works on the nook color, and I've looped that thing a bunch of times.

I was super excited about the nexus, but now I might be waiting for the galaxy s3.

Upvote 0
The way I see it, Sprint really needs to release the Galaxy Nexus ASAP. Rumors are the GS3 is coming at summertime. Add the fact that there might be HTC One variant(EVO?) coming out in between. Let's spread out the goodies Sprint.
I rather they take their time and get all the bugs out and even add enhancements that one up the competition.

Sprint said earlier that April-July(I think July) they are going to be pushing hard.

I am sure it will be out by october, that is when i can upgrade

The following GDoc shows on the second tab the months that Sprint usually releases the most phones. For the last 5 years it has been June and Oct, for the last 10 years its been Sept / Oct.

TS

Reactions: KOLIO
Upvote 0
I rather they take their time and get all the bugs out and even add enhancements that one up the competition.

The following GDoc shows on the second tab the months that Sprint usually releases the most phones. For the last 5 years it has been June and Oct, for the last 10 years its been Sept / Oct.

TS

That's all phones. Not just smartphone and not just high-end. The Epic 4G was released in August, The Nexus S in May, The Shift in January. There are always exceptions. I am willing to bet the Galaxy Nexus will be out before June, I would even say before May.

Upvote 0
The galaxy s 2 looks good in white. I have the evo and I love it. But i'm considering on switching to the galaxy s2 or (hopefully) if sprint gets the Note I'll switch to that. I know it looks somewhat large, but I wouldn't mind it at all. and I wouldn't care what others think of me with my big ol' phone ahah.
I really do hope Sprint does get the Note, because if they do I just might have to buy it :)
Also I did hear that Sprint might be getting the Galaxy S III as well..but thats what I've been reading on other forums and such.

Upvote 0
The galaxy s 2 looks good in white. I have the evo and I love it. But i'm considering on switching to the galaxy s2 or (hopefully) if sprint gets the Note I'll switch to that. I know it looks somewhat large, but I wouldn't mind it at all. and I wouldn't care what others think of me with my big ol' phone ahah.
I really do hope Sprint does get the Note, because if they do I just might have to buy it :)
Also I did hear that Sprint might be getting the Galaxy S III as well..but thats what I've been reading on other forums and such.

I doubt Sprint will see a G Note, but it's safe to assume that we'll see a variation of the GS3.

Upvote 0
I saw the note in Bestbuy the other day and I must say that is the nicest screen I have seen on a device.(phone/tab). Sprint need to bring the HTC ONE X and S to their sprint customers, why limit yourself.?

I think they'll have a weird variant of the One X. It will probably have some minor spec changes, but I think we will definitely see one at CTIA and it will be the next EVO.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones