• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Any new phone rumors for Sprint?

I know I might be the oddball, but I'm really looking for a high end LTE phone with Sprints PTT.

Even if you are the oddball, that would be a good addition.. PTT phones tend to be lower end/spec'd.. would be cool to see a shift in that trend. Maybe have like two models of a phone, same phone, but one with PTT and one without.. kinda like some of the sprint/nextel blackberries do cameras.. same phone, but one with the cam, one without.

Upvote 0
Even if you are the oddball, that would be a good addition.. PTT phones tend to be lower end/spec'd.. would be cool to see a shift in that trend. Maybe have like two models of a phone, same phone, but one with PTT and one without.. kinda like some of the sprint/nextel blackberries do cameras.. same phone, but one with the cam, one without.

Indeed. The only thing that kept me back from buying a brand new off-contract Admiral was it's essentially the same as I have now, minus 4G. Downgrade to upgrade. To be honest, if it was spec'd like the Droid Razr with only 3G, I'd have bought it.

Upvote 0
Well since they did not announce it at MWC, and HTC said "AT&T exclusive" I traded my Evo to Verizon for $85 and got an LG Spectrum, basically the same specs as the One X, only it is an S3 processor...

Sprint should not have held back, with such a close release date, especially after HTC's announcement at the MWC.

It is nice with the dual core at 1.5Ghz, but I don't think I can handle another two years with an S3... I'll probably upgrade early. I don't see the need for quad core, unless Android finally virtualizes and I can dual boot a Linux distro. So I'll hope for a 1.7Ghz S4 or better. Should be possible for next year. I like the lower die size of 28nm

Upvote 0
I sometimes run Ubuntu 9 on my Evo 3D (S3 processor) and it does just fine. Runs parallel to Android, simultaneously. I'll use vnc to put my Linux desktop on my laptop while running Android on the phone - or you can switch between the two on the phone.

And btw, Verizon had an exclusive on the Galaxy Nexus, so I think that the whole exclusive thing is misleading.

Apparently the camera in the One X isn't all it's cracked up to be...

Climbing Camelback with HTC One

Digital zoom used. :(

Not defending the camera, just frustrated. Either I see pictures made poorly or by what looks like an ad agency for this phone, so I still can't tell what to expect.

Appreciate the link in any case! :)

Upvote 0
I have been debating between this and the Nexus and I'm 99% sure the HTC ONE X will be my next phone. Plus I have a sweet spot for HTC phones.

I am in the same debate. But for me, I'm going to add the GS3. I want to see the internal memory of this new HTC phone. And I want to know if Sprint's version will have expandable memory and a removable battery cover. I really like Sense, but I need more memory on my phone. HTC just has not been good to Sprint in that department. So I'm going to wait, drool, and see what happens. This phone does look really good!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones