Any News about 2.1 for CLIQ??

Last Updated:

1. dzine2fit

dzine2fit Well-Known Member

Hey t-mo reps out there, any news of when we cliq owners will get the 2.0 or 2.1 update????? my friend has a samsung moment and she will be getting the 2.01 in a couple of weeks, im so pissed why I returned mine :(.

2. Eazail70x7

Eazail70x7 Well-Known Member

Do you know if the cliq is officially expected to receive 2.1? (I don't know) If it is, then Id assume its gonna come some time this year probably. (Just guessing don't know for sure)

P.s. I'm not a t-mobile rep lol
  3. spyderman

spyderman Well-Known Member

4. dzine2fit

Thanks spyderman, thats some hope.
  5. rachelm920

rachelm920 Active Member

:confused: OK...since I'm new to this whole android/smart phone thing. How do I install the new OS when it comes out? Is it through USB on my PC? Or the market? :confused:
  6. jwmacdon1231

jwmacdon1231 Well-Known Member

It'll most likely be an OTA (Over The Air) update. When Motorola begins rolling out the update, you will get a notification on your phone asking you to update the OS. All you have to do is click install update and let it update.

Before you do click update, though, make sure you have enough bettery to go through the update, or that it is charging. If not, and your phones shuts off during the update, it can brick your phone.
    rachelm920 likes this.
  7. kcmartz

kcmartz Well-Known Member

Thanks spyderman! I just got mine and hve been readn up on updates. (2 days ago)
  8. spyderman

you got the 2.1 Android update or the other update that has been floating around?

if 2.1, that is huge...
  9. kcmartz

No, it says I'm up to date. Checking version...

Checked. Blur version 1.4 that's all it says...
  10. spyderman

Cool... We are all waiting for 2.1 Android or Firmware release.
  11. kcmartz

Firmware? Will I need to send in my phone for that? Software version release would be better in my opinoin...
  12. Viralmind

Viralmind Well-Known Member

firmware is software. so, no you won't.

update OTA - (over the air)
  13. kcmartz

Ah... good thing I have unltd internet...
  14. dzine2fit

Yes I dont even think u can get an android device without unlimited internet acess.I cant wait for it either hopefully soon :)
  15. kcmartz

Hopefully. It'd be nice if there was a "email announcement" I culd sign up for for update!
  16. Eris Lover

Eris Lover Well-Known Member

Word from my tmobile tech support friend (and you know how reliable they are) is that the Cliq will not see 2.1 but 2.0 instead sometime the middle of summer.
  17. spyderman

I do all my OTA updates over my home WIFI too slow on 3G... would take forever...
  18. spyderman

Time will tell... TMO reps are as reliable as a Ford Pinto... LOL.. some of you young ones are scratching your heads... LOL...
  19. spyderman

looks like they will make us all wait until June for this update...

rumor has it that 2.2 is being released in the summer so we will be obsolete when this update comes out...
  20. texasaggie1

texasaggie1 New Member

A friend of mine, who happens to have a cliq, made a support call to moto the other day. My friend said the technician told him that there were NOT going to be any more updates to the cliq. I sure hope that technician is wrong.
  21. spyderman

Motorola posted the timelines for the Cliq on their website (See above)... No offense but I am going with what Motorola announced over any technician, "friend of friend told me" and rumors that you overheard...
  22. dzine2fit

Yea I love the phone but if it wont have anymore updates I am changing it to mytouch3g slide.Iv seen youtube video og G1 with 2.1 update and this phone is suppose to be better then G1 so it had better be updated.
  23. ShawnDroid

ShawnDroid Active Member

24. fireman1905

fireman1905 Member

Well, Hopfully the cliq gets 2.x because look at what samsung did to us. I own both a cliq and a behold 2 and all I can hope for is that I get 2.x on the cliq. IF YOU CAN DONT BUY SAMSUNG PRODUCTS, SUPPROT SUCKS!!
  25. rok0187

rok0187 Active Member

from what i hear some time thid month it should be a 2.0 update waiting on my girls phone to want to update ill let ya know