Any news on a new Nook Color?

Last Updated:

1. ebolamonkey3

ebolamonkey3 Well-Known Member

So after reading this article by Engadget, I'm pretty interested in getting on and retire my "old" Kindle to my brother. But has anyone heard anything about a new Nook Color coming out? I don't want to buy one today and have a new one come out next month.

Advertisement
  2. euph_22

euph_22 Well-Known Member

I won't expect one anytime too soon. Remember, as far as Barnes and Noble is concerned, the Nook Color is just an eReader. It's not a tablet so they won't see any compelling reason to keep up an overly ambitious upgrade schedule. But I have no specific knowledge about any new Nook Color or not.
    ebolamonkey3 likes this.
  3. bloodylipp

bloodylipp Well-Known Member

and with the power it has after root, i dont see a need to do anything better anywhere near this price point.
  4. TheAmazingDave

TheAmazingDave Well-Known Member

I work in a B&N and haven't heard anything about a new Nook color. I don't see one coming, as we're focusing on Simple Touch sales ATM. Both Colors and Simple Touches have been selling like mad out of our store lately.

We seem to get plenty of people who come in and buy a Color for no other reason than to go home and turn it into a tablet, thanks to all the press we get on how easy it is to do it.
  5. colchiro

colchiro Well-Known Member

I was just going to say the same thing... NC is flying off the shelves, no need for a updated one. :D
  6. Sue7M3

Sue7M3 Well-Known Member

Seeing it was only released in November and received a big update recently I wouldn't expect a new one anytime soon.
  7. Sylon

Sylon Well-Known Member

The guy's hair in that video freaks me out, lol.
  8. TheAmazingDave

Aaaaand another update to stock NC, B&N released 1.3 a few days ago. We're still selling 'em.
  9. colchiro

Whoda thunk?
  10. TheAmazingDave

11. colchiro

And now for our top story... :D