Any news on Rootability yet?

Last Updated: 2010-06-21 12:34:47
  1. ooja3k

ooja3k Well-Known Member

I know the phone hasn't even been released, but that being said the N1 was rooted prior to release.

I can only imagine how amazing the Droid X could become once rooted for use as a free wifi hotspot (which I use all the time, ..NOW..) and overclocked....

Has anyone come across anything online regarding rootability? I currently have the Droid and love all the options that rooting gives us, including the ability to overclock to 1.2ghz and achieve a quadrant of over 1700, and using different ROMS and memory tweaks...

Advertisement
  2. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

nope. not yet.
  3. Wolfedude88

Wolfedude88 Well-Known Member

Nothing yet, and I don't expect anything this soon. Hopefully they wont have too much trouble rooting, but I wouldn't hold my breathe on it being done too soon.
  4. tsanuri

tsanuri Well-Known Member

It will really be upto Moto and/or Verizon how quick it gets rooted. Since the original droid moto has locked the bootloader on every other android handset they have released, this includes the milestone. And the bootloader on the milestone was only broken earlier this month and that phone came out in Nov 2009 as well just after the droid hit.
    So the question is, did Verizon ask them to not lock the bootloader or is it something in their contract? Or is it just something that Moto started doing right after the release of the droid? I do not know but I know that locked bootloader has been a very touchy topic with those that have had the milestone.
  5. jreed2560

jreed2560 Well-Known Member

I would say that we will be getting some news on rooting sometime betweeen the conference Wednesday and when it comes out on the 19th. Thats only if they hand some of these bad boys out and a dev gets his hands on one. Thats how most new phones get rooted before they are officially released.