1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Any "no sim" and/or sim card issues?Support

1. jimbo1mcm

jimbo1mcm Well-Known Member

The HTC Droid DNA on Verizon has and continues to have many "no sim" detection issues and I was wondering if the HTC One has had any yet. I don't quite understand if this is a Verizon specific issue with the DNA, or if it is a design issue from HTC. My problem is that it has continued for over 6 months with no reliable fix. Will this be the kind of support we get from Verizon/HTC if the One has problems?( Assuming Verizon gets a HTC One variant )

Advertisement
    :
  2. Hadron

Hadron Well-Known Member Contributor

I guess the best people to answer this will be anyone who has managed to get their hands on a Sprint model - that's the one which I'd think would be closest to a possible VZW handset.
  3. GeoffBot

GeoffBot Well-Known Member

A couple of times I saw something like "preparing SIM" at random times - not too much though...
    KOLIO likes this.
  4. Oridus

Oridus Well-Known Member

After having my att version for two days I haven't had any sim issues.
    jimbo1mcm and marctronixx like this.
  5. REkAB

REkAB Member

Had mine for a couple of month now and I've noticed a little Sim! icon appearing only really twice so far. Found a reboot got rid. also had no probs make to takeing calls or using text whilst the warning icon was shown...just a bug I guess which does not stop anything functioning.
  6. SolApathy

SolApathy Cleverness is not wisdom Guide

Never had an issue on my Sprint phone with the SIM. Went overseas and worked flawlessly.
  7. WA_Bob

WA_Bob VIP Member VIP Member

My AT&T One has given me that error maybe 2 or three times since I got it in April. Each time a reboot fixed it so it hasn't been a problem worth even paying much attention to for me.
  8. LoyalServant

LoyalServant Well-Known Member

Haven't seen this.
    My SIM looks rough too.... it's been swapped about a few times :D
  9. rscarawa

rscarawa Well-Known Member

This happens to me about once or twice a week. I called sprint to document this. By the end of the call, the card found itself. I tried removing the card to gently clean it. That did not help. It is obviously a software issue. I had the error show up on the notification bar. Then I pulled the card out. When I pulled the card out, a new error flashed up. So that means that the system did actually see the card or who would it have known that I removed it. I then plugged it back in and the error went away.

I am on Sprint. THis is my only complaint about this device. The error usually last about an hour or so and goes away on its own.
  10. Tlicious1020

Tlicious1020 Well-Known Member

I haven't touched my sim card but then again I have not been having this problem. Come to think of it I haven't even opened the slot for the sim card. I have Sprint as well.
  11. SolApathy

SolApathy Cleverness is not wisdom Guide

before replacing the entire device you might want to see if you can get a replacement SIM in the event it is just a defective SIM card.
    KOLIO and marctronixx like this.
  12. rscarawa

When I first had the problem, I had not removed the card from the phone. The first time I ever removed the card was after experiancing the problem a few times and calling Sprint to try to resolve the issue. Other than that, I have not removed the card.
  13. Tlicious1020

Hope you just need a new SIM card.
  14. rscarawa

Well, I hope I do not have to demo the problem to get a new sim card. It only happens for an hour or so then clears on its own. I will never make it to the sprint store without the problem clearing on its own.
  15. KOLIO

KOLIO NOTEoriously XPOSED Guide

Next best thing to do would be show them this very thread:

http://androidforums.com/htc-one/710319-any-no-sim-issues-found-so-far.html

I'd also check XDA-DEVELOPERS.COM for a similar discussion.

Last but not least,show them this one:

Sprint Community: HTC One SIM card error
  16. AntimonyER

AntimonyER AF Addict VIP Member

Sounds similar to the DNA issues, which are nothing more than a minor annoyance. Also I can vouch that swapping sim cards can affect the frequency of the issue, so seems to me to be the best option for those dealing with it on a regular basis.
  17. Tlicious1020

Just take screenshots when the problem appears! Then show the Sprint Rep those screenshots.
    marctronixx likes this.
  18. Abird!

Abird! Well-Known Member

No issues for me, I'm on Sprint.
  19. rscarawa

That is a good idea. I will do that next time it happens.

As luck would have it, it happened to me last night. I got three screen shots of the error. Recently, the error had only lasted for a few moments once I woke the phone up. Yesterday, it persisted over a hr.
  20. busted bones

busted bones Well-Known Member

I was running into the no Sim card/Sim card not recognized issue daily and it never presented a problem until one day it decided not to send any messages even after rebooting.

Well, I'm pretty sure it's related to the power saver mode disconnecting service with it checked off. I unchecked it, and haven't ran into an issue in over a week. Does anyone else have any experience with this?
    KOLIO and marctronixx like this.
  21. KOLIO

KOLIO NOTEoriously XPOSED Guide

I've had the 'NO SIM CARD' pop-up 3X in the last week,stopped using power-saving mode a few weeks ago just to see if there was any difference in battery life.(None,if anything,it's marginally better,go figure............)

Hadn't noticed any ill effects until a couple days ago,seems the stock browser has went into slo-mo lately,not sure if there's a direct correlation.(Already checked the usual suspects,nada).

Pulling the SIM Card now to inspect for damage,etc....
  22. Dr Jones

Dr Jones Member

I'm on Sprint and used to get this error once or twice a week. Very annoying as you couldn't just swipe it out of notifications.

I did some searching and found this solution:
    No SIM Card Error on HTC One

Kind of a shoddy way to fix the issue... but it worked. Did this about a month ago and haven't seen the error since. Guessing it did just want it said it would do... raised the SIM Card contacts just enough.
    PyroSporker and KOLIO like this.
  23. PyroSporker

PyroSporker Well-Known Member

Great link there. One of those simple, "why didn't I think of that" ideas. Sometimes those are the best solutions even if they are somewhat makeshift.
    Adding link to my 'tools and references' bookmarks, and will be remembered next time I run across someone with the similar problem [​IMG]
  24. valeschumi

valeschumi Member

This happened to me once, just restarded the phone to fix it, hoping it was the last:)
  25. fletch007

fletch007 Member

Has happened on my Sprint HTC One about 3 times since I got it on launch day. Restarting doesn't seem to help, I have to shut it down and then turn it back on before it will go away. Have been tempted to take it to Sprint and see what they say.