• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

any one know the change log?

korn16ftl3

Lurker
May 27, 2012
hi all,
im curious if any one knows the change log for the moterola atrix HD.....
my dad (and older and not so tech savvy person) has "upgraded his atrix HD twice both times ABSOLUTELY hated the "updates" both times (we all know how people really dont like change) he has called moterola several times even for the sake just to complain some more....im an ENTIRELY and ABSOLUTELY SICK AN TIRED of hearing about this phone....im an preparing to root it and downgrade it back the way it was out of the box. here is what i know from talking to tech support at moterola (yes even i tried to dink around with them):

they have switched from ice cream sandwich to jelly bean.
from a bit of googeling i have found that apparently this phone comes with Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich out of the box....how ever dad claims that an update changed it to ice cream sandwich im thinking it went from ice cream sandwich 4.0 to maybe 4.1 or something?

im just aiming to restore this thing to the out of the box state back to the original OS he was used to.....besides the new speed dial icon thing on this jellybean crap is total garbage in my opinion.

things i would like to sort out:

1) the change log for this phone what OS's changed, version #'s ect. perhaps on some kind of android wiki or something, so i can back track what the hell happened so i can reverse it.

2) how to root this phone and downgrade it or perhaps some sort of direction on a good ROM that was like the out of box OS so i can just for the love of all that is good in this world stop hearing about how moterola screwed up his phone

3) where can i find a dump for the out of box firmware/operating system

source i pulled info from are the following:
How to Root Motorola Atrix HD MB886 | Ninja Romeo

can any please help? im gonna go nuts if i have to hear about this phone again.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones