Any other GSM roms workGeneral

1. cell2011

cell2011 Well-Known Member

Do we know if any other GSM roms will work for the Zte Merit/Avail? And can some of them be ported? I tried the Zte scoDre rom it flashed no abort but didnt boot past Zte screen. This one went through too no install abort but didnt boot[ROM][2.3.5] Zero Hero Sense 3.5 RC 2.5

Advertisement
    :
  2. kingmt

kingmt Well-Known Member

I tried the one.three ROM that I liked but had some problems on my phone. I went back to the stock ROM changed the stock launcher to Holo ICS & flashed kernel to Anthony's 1.0.

If I could find a power switch like the go switch I'd be happy.
  3. Motorhead1991

Motorhead1991 Well-Known Member

My ROM works (quite well according to other users), but it doesn't include the overclocked kernel.
  4. kingmt

kingmt Well-Known Member

I haven't tired it. It seems my phone needs that kernel. I have it set to max 864 but 787 is as high add it ever gets. Most of the time it runs at 245 but if it needs it & it is restricted it seems to take forever for the phone to catch up. Since changing the kernel it seems much better. In a couple more days I hour everything has calmed down & gets better. Maybe better battery life.
  5. jamespfassett

jamespfassett Well-Known Member

SpeedFreak 1.1 comes pre-overclocked and themed to the .9s, give her a test drive...
  6. nickdalzell

nickdalzell Well-Known Member Contributor

I hope they finally manage a cyanogen mod for it. It's one of my favs.
  7. jamespfassett

jamespfassett Well-Known Member

Its just a name, and a fancy theme...
  8. nickdalzell

nickdalzell Well-Known Member Contributor

CyanogenMod is more than just a name and theme, i assure you.
  9. aaron49

aaron49 New Member

hi! not meaning to butt in but how do you get this speedfreak 1.1 file? i google and get geocacher. please help.dont want to flash stock. thanks. at&t avail.
  10. kingmt

kingmt Well-Known Member

It is up to 2x now & over at androidarea51.com . There is another ROM there that is similar also. You need to be a member to download files.