1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Any performance issue while upgrade SD card from 2GB to 16 GBGeneral

1. krunal82

krunal82 New Member

Hi,

I have 2 GB SD card in my mobile and i need upgrade my SD card from 2GB to 16 GB due to use more application install,video file and pictures.

If i will upgrade with 16 GB SD card in my mobile then any affect on load application or decrease performance of load application in my mobile?

Please give me your proper suggestion what can i do (need upgrade 8 GB or 16 GB without affect application running performance)

Thanks & Regards,
    Krunal

Advertisement
    :
  2. krunal82

krunal82 New Member

Please give me quick suggestion which kind of SD card i can use(8GB/16GB).

Hi,

I have 2 GB SD card in my mobile and i need upgrade my SD card from 2GB to 16 GB due to use more application install,video file and pictures.

If i will upgrade with 16 GB SD card in my mobile then any affect on load application or decrease performance of load application in my mobile?

Please give me your proper suggestion what can i do (need upgrade 8 GB or 16 GB without affect application running performance)

Thanks & Regards,
    Krunal
  3. mustang2012

mustang2012 Member

Upgrading your SD card from 2 to 16 or even 32 GB will not make any difference. The class of the card makes great difference- class 10 card is the best but costly, so use at least class 4 card.
  4. Pierloha

Pierloha Member

Hi Krunal, There aren't any noticeable lags or performance issues, but if you're on stock ICS, no card is gonna help speed it up. Try doing a factory reset instead or switch off and switch on your phone. Anyway, don't go for a cheap card, just cause it's cheap. I know it sounds enticing, but later on, you're gonna regret the R&W speeds. Anyway, You can check out these prices (if you're from India) to help you in purchasing the cards, I found that they are a bit cheaper than the street price sometimes (taken from flipkart) -

Also, 8 GB, class 10 card = Rs. 550
    class 6 card = Rs. 450
    class 4 card = Rs. 230

And, 16 GB, class 10 card = Rs. 885
    class 6 card = Rs. N/A
    class 4 card = Rs. 545

Although, if you're willing to splurge, you can go for a 32 GB class 10 card, and really, once you buy this, you'll be set.. Price is Rs. 1599

Check out this link - Strontium Memory Card 32 GB MicroSDHC Memory Card (Class 10)

(Prices are indicative and subject to change. All prices are taken from flipkart.com)