Any (Physical) Problems With Your Evos?

1. CrazyTechnoBoy

CrazyTechnoBoy Well-Known Member

I think this will be a good thread to just share your physical problems(Like scratched screen, cracked lense, broken volume rocker, etc.) with your Evos.
    I have two problems right now. The unlock button is very weird right now, with the SLIGHTEST touch, it turns on the screen. It's actually kinda awesome! :D My second problem is that either thet USB cable kinda broke, or the Evo's USB kinda broke. I say this because you have to adjust the USB in a special position for the Evo to charge, but other than that, my Evo is in PERFECT condition! :)

Advertisement
  2. lordofthereef

lordofthereef Well-Known Member

I'm being extremly nitpicky here, but the glossy plastic scratches too easily. I have a case on mine and the dust particles that get between the case and said plastic seem to be enough to do the trick. I used to be completly anal about these things, but have lightened up considerably now. :p
  3. CrazyTechnoBoy

Oh, I also forgot to mention that with the lighest flick of my Evo, the kickstand comes out. The weird thing is that I have NEVER dropped it or anything that can cause all the problems. Hmm... ghost? :p
  4. JackT

JackT Well-Known Member

My Evo hasn't had any issues. My wife's Evo had the USB port quit working, but we got a replacement for free from Sprint for that.
  5. felixor

felixor Active Member

Light leakage. D:
  6. Drew5150

Drew5150 Well-Known Member

i had white spot in the middle of my screen (backlight shining through) and the rear speaker blew. i had best buys service repair it.

hardware 002 and everything else has been great.

wait, i also get crackling through the ear piece now.
  7. Ivansandroid

Ivansandroid Well-Known Member

The only problem I have had is charger cable failure.
  8. akazabam

akazabam Well-Known Member

I have some light leakage and slight screen separation. It's not bad enough to worry about. I also have some dust under the screen, but again, hardly enough to even be annoying. Also, the power button is kind of pushed down a lot. I can still press it easily enough, but compared to a brand new evo, it seems weird. My wife just got an Evo, so I can compare.
  9. exclamation_mark

exclamation_mark Well-Known Member

I also have my original 002... Well most of it anyway.
    I have had my rear speaker replaced 2 times, my earpiece speaker replaced 1 time and my screen with bright "b spot" and no light leakage replaced with a perfect screen that has light leakage.
  10. skwerm

skwerm Well-Known Member

Nothing wrong with my Evo, but I now have what I call "smartphone wrist" :)
  11. eluno

eluno Well-Known Member

the only physical problem i have so far is smuge marks on my screen. from my greasy fingers:D
  12. dblhelx

dblhelx Active Member

When I listen to a caller speak to me the sound is crackly/feedback/static-y. Plug in earphones and the sound is perfect through the earbuds.
  13. lordofthereef

lordofthereef Well-Known Member

This would drive me insane! You must not use it as a phone so much?
  14. Jonhern

Jonhern Well-Known Member

the letters have again fallen off the back. The "T" fell off my first evo, my replacement evo has been good but just last week the "C" fell off, and the other day the "T" fell off. Never dropped the phone, never got wet, the letters glue just seems to be poor.
  15. deadly738

deadly738 New Member

Some scraped paint near the microphone from drops (covered up by a case now) and a few minuscule scratches on the screen (my phone fell screen first onto some rocks). Other than that, still works great :)
  16. J03

J03 Well-Known Member

Two bright spots in the middle of the screen. This is the second evo that has had this problem. The speaker is eh, and sometimes a cable just won't sit right in the usb port to charge it but works fine on my fiances epic so I assume it's a problem with my evo.

Other than that, it's pretty good. I'll eventually swap out for a new/refurb before the end of my year because the bright spot is just too annoying.
  17. xscribble

xscribble Member

very squeeky power button :(
    it's annoying to hear it
  18. K-Rizzle

K-Rizzle Well-Known Member

Dropped my phone 3 times today, don't know which time caused the cracked screen that I didn't notice until I got to work. :(
  19. Droidone

Droidone Well-Known Member

just light dust getting into the screen from the 3.5 mm aux port. I have had two evo's and they both had the issue. Also the back cover creaks a little. Solved by putting a piece of paper in there. Other than that it's rock solid
  20. dan330

dan330 Well-Known Member

i have a little light leakage... version 03
    i have a phone case...out of sight, out of mind.

sssshh.. we dont talk about it..
  21. fonseca898

fonseca898 Well-Known Member

Still on my original 003 Evo. Considerable light leakage (IMO), slight screen separation, and cracks at the power and volume buttons. I've wanted a replacement since I bought it, but it still seems like it's tough to get a good replacement, so I haven't bothered.
  22. CrazyTechnoBoy

Well, turns out that now I got another problem that I just came upon. I sent a text and just let my phone sit on my lap. So I just look down, and the menu that has the option to Power off, reboot, silent mode, etc. showed up by itself. I hope that the button was just loose of something just that moment.
  23. Oddball

Oddball Well-Known Member

Not a single problem anywhere with the handset. I had a case and screen protector since I purchased it last June and while they are showing some wear the phone itself has been flawless.
    chefcraig likes this.
  24. blksith0

blksith0 Well-Known Member

My volume rocker is loose.
    Its bold.
  25. JSchu22

JSchu22 Well-Known Member

I have to admit that I'm fairly shocked at the level of tolerance that many of you have. I wouldn't hesitate to replace a phone with some of the problems listed here.

Also a little surprised with some of the carelessness too.